chalkboard

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Hello Roaches, We're Ba-ack!

All right, so we're back. I really can't say I'm thrilled about it...but what do you do? My girls were so excited to see our car at the airport, and their rooms at home. In fact, they both came down in these outfits about 10 minutes after we were home. They really love to dress up, and they could be entertained doing it all day long.


I haven't posted anything about our last few days in Utah (i.e.--the 10 year reunion), so here goes:

I have to say that I was really excited for the reunion until we walked into the doors of UVSC. All of the sudden I was a gawky, awkward high school student again. I almost turned around and headed back to the car. We made the mistake of arriving on time, when no one was there yet...so when we walked into the room we had limited friend options. I had a hard time recognizing people. I really should have studied the yearbook before hand! But, I'm married to Mr. Social Butterfly, who has no trouble "working the room." It took me a while, but I finally warmed up to the idea of socializing. It was fun to catch up with old friends and see what everyone is up to. Thanks to everyone who planned it...we "sure appreciate you...you're DYNAMITE!"




On Saturday, we went to T's cousin's baptism. And afterward, we went to the park for a picnic. While we were there took advantage of the beautiful weather and got some family pics.

*Happy 4th of July*

When we were at church on Sunday, we sang the Star Spangled Banner for the closing song. As I was singing, I have to admit, I got a little emotional. It's a song that we don't sing enough, and it has such beautiful verses. I'm just so thankful we live in a country where we can worship how we choose.

On Monday, we enjoyed having a barbecue with both mine and T's families. We ate lots of great food, and enjoyed our own little fireworks display. It was great to see the kids enjoying the fireworks with their cousins. It makes me so sad that we don't live closer so they can hang out with them more often.

Today (Wednesday), we had a 4th of July breakfast with our neighbors from across the street. It's been very rainy in Houston (and all of Texas, apparently), and today was no different. We usually decorate the kids' bikes and have a neighborhood parade that ends at the clubhouse with a big firetruck hosing all the kids down and everyone swims all day. But since it was raining, we just watched the parade go by. We didn't feel like swimming in the rain. (Well, I should clarify...hubby and I didn't want to swim in the rain.) We wrapped the day up with dinner at Red Robin, and watching the fireworks on tv. Aren't we exciting? We are trying to get our girls back on a normal schedule (and back onto Central Time), so we didn't even attempt a live fireworks show. Man, we ARE exciting! At least we all had red (and very festive) 4th of July t-shirts.



Anyway, thanks for listening to my random thoughts. We had such a great time with all our family and friends over the past month. Thanks for making so many fun and lasting memories with us!


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your girls are so darling! Jeff and I can hardly believe how grown up your oldest is! I get SO lonesome for the USA on the 4th. We watched fireworks on tv too - the Canadian way to celebrate the 4th. Your family picture is so cute! Again - you seriously took the cake on being the most fabulous at the reunion!

Rachel said...

I miss you guys! It was so fun to have you here. Thanks again for letting me tag along at the reunion too. When do you get to come back? It sounds like your 4th was about as exciting as ours. We didn't even have fireworks last night- we were all too tired!

Johnson said...

Annie, I had so much fun with you on saturday! You look amazing and I will always love your laugh!!! Your girls are adorable. I think you and Trevor are an incredible match!!!!! Thanks for all of the memories!!!

Devon said...

I'm glad you guys got home safe, and I'm happy to hear you and "Mr. Social Butterfuly" enjoyed yourselves at the reunion. It was SO fun to see you guys together (and kissing...), and your girls are the cutest because they are just little mixes of Trevor and Annie! I wish you guys lived closer, but we'll just have to come down there and visit you soon!

Jen said...

Annie, I was so glad that someone else didn't want to "work the room"! I felt the same way at the reunion. And now looking at pictures I realized I looked rather "matronly". Oh, well! It was fun to catch up with people. I am sad you guys are gone, and I am still secretly wishing you would move back soon.

malia said...

Annie! So I'm a stalker. I saw you posted on my blog and tried to look at yours by clicking on your name. That just took me to a profile page. Then I remembered that Rachel has you as a "blogging friend" so I got to your link through hers. Sorry! :) But, you have the most adorable little family. I am so happy to see that you are happy and loving life. You do look amazing. Trevor looks great. I'm just so happy for the both of you. Anyway, take care and I hope it's ok if I stalk you every now and again. It's fun to see how people are doing and what they're up to!

Love,
malia

Annie said...

Malia, you can stalk me anytime! As long as I can stalk you too! Take care!

Jen Tornow said...

Annie, I'm glad you guys put the effort into celebrating the 4th! If it had been me, and I had just returned from such a long trip, I'd have made the excuse that I had too much laundry and settling to do! Sorry about the wet weather, but it sounds like you had a good time. I love your family picture!

Dottie Stay said...

Yes, I love the family picture too. You just are so beautiful! It was so cute to hear Trevor say that you just keep getting more and more beautiful. He's right! Oh, I feel like I just get so emotional when ever there is talk of patriotism. I can really become a blubbering foo lif I am not careful. Anyway, I am sad that you aren't here anymore, and sad for you that the weather has been so rainy. I am glad you got there safe. I hope to see you soon!!

jennie said...

It was so fun to see you while you were here Annie! And how cute was Trevor the night of the reunion when I told him that I think you get prettier every time I see you, he said, "I know, isn't she pretty?" You two are too cute.
xoxo

Ryan said...

Annie, it was fun to see you at Target. I wish I could have gone to the reunion Saturday, I too felt awkwardly high schoolish reading your blog. You're girls sure are cute!

Abby said...

What beautiful girls! I can't believe how big K is getting! It looks like you had fun in UT--I'm going this week (to hopefully escape the 116 weather and play in the grass and get some cool relief at night!) Enjoy any rain you can get, p.s. I miss it and almost can't remember what it's like. sniff.