chalkboard

Thursday, July 19, 2007

That's it...I'm Moving!!!!

Alright, so I was having pretty ho-hum day. Nothing happening, just a little piano teaching, kid watching, and I totally cleaned my kitchen, i.e. swept and mopped, dishes done and put away, because we were having the missionaries over with an investigating family for dessert. Well, I'm making cookies for the dessert, and I see a little black "something" scurrying across the counter in the corner of my eye. I thought, "oh no, it better not be what I think..." I do a little poking around where I thought I saw it, and Yes! there it was, a cockroach in my kitchen! And no, it wasn't dead. I flipped out! I'm still flipping out. Good thing Trevor was home. I was shrieking and screaming for him to come take care of it! Well, of course, it goes into hiding, in one of my cabinets. So, now my oh so clean kitchen has been torn apart. Trevor couldn't find the roach (he thought it had gone behind the cabinet.) I continue to make the cookies, because remember, the missionaries are due to arrive any minute. Well, I had just put cookie dough on a cookie sheet and it was waiting to be put in the oven. I went back into the kitchen, and what do you think was on the cookie sheet with the dough? You guessed it! That damn roach!!! More screaming and swearing ensued, and finally Trevor took care of it. Cookies ruined, missionaries arriving, kids screaming, kitchen a shambles (everything taken out of the cabinet to be sterilized), and the pest control company will be receiving a call tomorrow. I told Trevor he had better find a new job, because we are moving!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW! You are such a better person than me. I would be gone the first time a roach appeared in my house. Sorry you had to go through that, but I would love for you to move back to Utah.

Kristen said...

I am so sorry! I am laughing like crazy, but I probably would have done the same thing!

Annie said...

Keep in mind that I never find "live" roaches, and especially not in my kitchen. They are usually already dead and on the floor somewhere--and even then, it's not everyday. I apologize for the freaking out that was ensuing on the blog. I've calmed down a little bit, but I really had a hard time going to sleep last night. Drama drama drama! Maybe it's just PMS.

Dottie Stay said...

You are fetchin' hilarious! I would do the same thing though!! Loved the "Damned Roach" comment. I am so sorry! That would totally make me freak out, and I would tell Deron the same thing. I think you are totally justified, and you should move back here. It makes me itchy just thinking about it. I called today to have someone come and spray my house. I found two damn earwigs the other day, and that was it!

Anonymous said...

Totally sick! I guess I can't move to Texas. I totally freak out about bugs too. (especially roaches - and anything big) We don't have many here - it is too darn cold! It is never fun to find live bugs -especially in the kitchen. Sorry about your beautiful fresh cleaned kitchen being torn apart - that's the pits!

Johnson said...

Oh, my side hurts. I too love the damn comment. It totally fits and I would freak out. Oh, thanks for the laugh!!!!!

Devon said...

You know, I found a big spider a few days ago in our basement (which Milt doesn't think should constitute actually being in our house), and I pretty much demanded that we move too. I guess a big roach puts me in perspective...it could be worse. I'm sure that doesn't make you feel better, but I feel better knowing that at least we don't have roaches here!

Abby said...

This won't make it better (bc I share your utter detest for bugs in general--especially roaches) but I thought I was escaping those creatures when we moved, and one of the first nights in Vegas I opened the door and saw a roach (granted, a much smaller kind, but a ROACH of all things nonetheless) scurry along the porch...I literally laughed out loud bc of course that would happen to me. And I was so smug about leaving all those bugs! Serves me right. I can't decide if I feel worse about the trauma you experienced or the wasted cookies...double wammy.

Annie said...

I've heard some people say that I haven't experienced trauma until the roach flies into my face and hisses. Apparently they hiss, too. Sick!

Rachel said...

Yuck Annie! I would die. I am so glad that we don't have roaches here. Grr... Good for you for having the missionaries over though. I'm sure they are used to the roaches too.