chalkboard

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Funny Memories

Ok, so Trevor was cleaning up files on our laptop tonight and came across this little gem. I'm sure you gals that are mentioned in this poem remember that night that it was written. Wasn't it on the choir tour bus? Anyway, here's a little trip down memory lane. I thought it was pretty funny.

My Five Glorious Wishes
Softly, in the summer meadow
The breeze carried a heavenly sound on a pillow;
To my amazement I gazed,
And saw her that made me heart turn ablaze.
Her name was Kimberlee,
She was singing with Heaven’s voice a song from Eternity,
I knew she was the only one for me!

Upon my merry travels, on that same summer eve,
I came across a maiden fair — so fair I couldn’t breathe.
She was milking her cow; an animal named Jon.
She was so filled with rapture, by the time she looked, we were gone;
It didn’t bother me,
For I could see,
I knew she was the only one for me!

It was upon that crisp, colorful morning in the fall,
I met a radiant Megan walking toward me in the hall.
She had just traveled from her abode — in the snow dusted hills —
The breeze bit my face, yet it was her aura that gave me chills.
The Greek Gods cried out in Reverie,
I smiled and shook it off merrily;
For, I knew she was the only one for me!

It was a dazzling, brilliant night at the Christmas Ball,
When I saw that Glorious Angel dancing in the Hall.
The fantastic tree was trimmed with silver and gold;
The waltz began to play, and I asked Melinda so bold:
“I would be pleased if I could have this dance with thee,”
Graciously she replied, ‘Certainly.”
Choirs sang, and I knew she was the only one for me!

It was on a new Easter Morn in the blossomed covered grove,
When I saw the legendary Annie - who had beauty untold.
The vibrant spring freshness made me twitterpaited -
When I asked her name, I knew we were related.
We laughed by the brook carrying water bubbly,
As we carved our initials into the pear tree.
I knew she was the only one for me!

Of these Five Glorious Wishes I cannot decide,
Of which, will be my lucky bride...
by Trevor Aitken and Christian Ward

11 comments:

Mandy said...

That is really funny! Why do we do such dorky things in HS...probably to bring lots of comedic relief in adulthood! I will have to make Jon read that one!

Jen said...

Annie-- it looks like you ended up being the one! How funny. Ahh. High School. Those were the days. :)

Abby said...

I am impressed at his sensitivity for a high school boy--for any age boy, for that matter. I had a boyfriend in h.s. that wrote me amazing poems, and later after we broke up he started wearing capes every now and then...yeah. Glad I didn't end up his bride.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I don't remember ever hearing it. I love it! Reminds me of the fun times we all had together. I am so glad I had such wonderful friends in High School!

Jen Tornow said...

Oh, my goodness! That is so so so funny! I hope that Trevor continues to write poetry for his lovely wife...

Annie said...

Trevor says he thinks most of it was Christian's creativity at work. Pretty funny stuff. They must of been pretty bored on that tour bus!

Dottie Stay said...

I remember that bus ride. I totally love that poem! I actaully have a copy! I have no idea where it is, but I remember finding it somewhere one time. Alright, it is in my scrapbook. Just kidding! Anyway, I guess Christian never could decide huh? It is too late now for him. :) Good thing Trevor snatched you up when he did! Much love to you!

Rachel said...

That poem is hysterical! I wish I had been in chior with ya'll. Why didn't I make it? I'm not sure- probably because I can't read music or something. Trevor should frame the part about you!

jennie said...

Oh my gosh. I had completely forgotten about that! I wonder how Jon feels about being a cow... milked by me. Random. Those choir tours were some great times though.
On our Disneyland tour, Trev and I sat next to eachother on the bus on the way home. We had fun mocking my super swollen feet from the long bus ride and too much sodium in my fast food diet. He had a great shoulder to lean on! Another perk of marrying Trevor, Annie!

Devon said...

Okay, a lot of that does sound like Christian, doesn't it! But how funny! I wish I could have been in choir too, except for the part about singing...that probably would have been important! Anyway, you sure married one funny guy Annie!

Megan said...

I too have a copy of that poem! That is funny. Good old choir tour! Anyone remember the lost underpants? Ha Ha! Poor girl!