chalkboard

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Wicked and so much more

All I can say is WOW! It was awesome. I haven't been to a broadway musical in so long...and it was good to be back. Amazing music, amazing vocals, the set was awesome--I could go on and on. If I could afford it, I would go again and again. I hadn't ever heard the music, and I didn't know the story in any detail, so I had no preconceived notions of what it would be like. I want to go again when G is old enough to go, too. (Lots of people brought their kids--I guess I'm too cheap!) If Wicked is coming to your town anytime in the future, I would highly recommend it. It sells out wherever it goes, so don't wait on buying the tickets. Otherwise you will pay a lot more buying them from ebay or stubhub (which, sadly, is what we did.) Mind--definitely talk Deron into taking you. Or just get tickets with some girlfriends and go. If I'm in town, I'll volunteer to go again! It was fun to have another night out without the kids. Twice in one week is a rare occurrence. But we found a babysitter that I feel comfortable leaving a baby with.

*New Topic*
So is anyone out there into Sudoku? I've heard about it, seen it in the flight magazines next to the crossword puzzles, and have always been too ADD to try and wrap my brain around it. (I swear having kids has killed most of my brain cells.) So I was at Target several weeks ago browsing through their dollar section. And I saw this travel-sized Sudoku for Dummies book...so I picked it up. Needless to say, Trevor and I tried it together, and I gave up immediately. Of course, he was really good at it right away, being the brainiac that he is. Well, I haven't thought much about it, until Trevor brought it with us last night so I could try it in the car on the way to the show. I finally got it! Now I won't say I'm a wizard...I have only finished one puzzle and it was an "easy" one (hard for me), but I was SO proud! I even autographed it when I was done so everyone (really only T, since who else will be looking at it?) would know I did it. It made the drive into downtown fly by.

*Another New Topic*
Okay, WHY is Sanjaya still on American Idol? Maybe none of you follow the show...but odds are you all know who I'm talking about. It's really starting to bug me that we have to listen to him week in and week out. He's not even in the same league as the rest of them, but I guess neither is the girl with the legs. But I won't harp on that.

I will now stop with my random thoughts, and wish you all a great rest of the week!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie! I am glad you got to go see "Wicked". I am jealous! I love the music. And YES, Sanjaya bugs the snot out of me. He better be gone soon or I will boycot American Idol. Have a good week!

Dottie Stay said...

Alright, Annie it is a good thing that we don't live by each other, or else I would never see Deron. I would be hanging out with you. You make me laugh so hard! I want to see wicked so bad. I have heard nothing but wonderful comments. I will pay attention better to when show come here. Yeah, deron does the Sudokus. I get way to much anxiety. I can how ever totally see treavor getting into that. t would be much easier for him though. Also, Sanjaya is driving me CRAZY!!!! You know about the whole Howard stern thing and the vote for the worst website don't you? I can't believe all of that. Anyway, it is really starting to bother me. I may have to start voting. :) Not a big fan of Haley and her wardrobe, but if I had her body you better believe that I would be at the reunion in a backless strapless number! :) (sorry about the novel)

Rachel said...

Now I'm really excited to see it next month! I've only heard one song from it and my sister told me the basic of the story. I'm going to fly into Cali and surprise her for her birthday and we are going to see it together that night.

Abby said...

Loved Wicked--LOVED...and I suppose Sanjaya is still there for the same reason that Fiyero got wild screams from all the teenage girls in the audience last night--although I happened to agree about Fiyero and NOT Sanjaya. Isn't he gay, or was that my own theory? The eyebrows are way too groomed.

PJC said...

Annie... I too, just tried sudoku for the first time. I kind of liked it. DO you remember those math puzzles that Ms. Chambers used to hand out in Junior High? I loved those.
As far as Sanjaya goes, I think the only way I could like him is if he was singing a Michael Jackson song. He is way to feminine to pull off the other songs.
And am I the only one who's bored of Melinda Dolittle?

glo said...

Annie, will you write to Jen Golding, your sister-in-law, our oldest, and tell her about Wicked? She's already bought the CD.