chalkboard

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Oh the woes of Wicked...

So, as you can probably tell from the title of this post that we were unsuccessful at getting tickets tonight. I'm SO bummed! We got to the theater downtown early to put our names in the raffle. They had 20 tickets available. It was a completely sold out show, so we were really taking a gamble thinking we would get in. We did go out to dinner, and then waited by will call until the show started to see if any tickets would become available...none did. Such a bummer since it seems like it's such an ordeal just to get out in the first place without kids. (Be grateful if you have parents or siblings that live nearby that will watch your kids...it's expensive to pay babysitters these days.) I feel like watching a depressing movie now to match my mood. Any suggestions?

So, based on how bummed we were that we didn't get in, we decided to just pony up the cash and buy tickets online for next week. So stay tuned next week...I'll have a full report on the musical.

Oh, one funny thing did happen tonight. We were driving down the freeway, and we saw a truck with a trailer in the back with a big smoker. The funny thing was, the smoker was on! I guess that's how you know you live in Texas when folks will smoke their bbq dinner while driving down the road.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

That would be such a bummer! I went to Chicago in November with girlfriends for the Oprah show, but the highlight of the trip was definately seeing Wicked...I loved it! The music is so good! It is totally worth the money. And I second you on babysitters are expensive! We are lucky to have good friends to swap with most of the time!

Dottie Stay said...

Please let us know how it goes! i hear it is awesome. How can I get Deron to go with me to some of these things?

Megan said...

Oh- I understand the dissapointment. We tried to see Wicked while we were in NYC. No such luck. Although, we just found out they are coming to Denver... I will chat with you about it after May 19th! I must say, there is nothing quite like good Texas BBQ. Have you ever been to Spring Creek?
MMMMM. My mouth is watering!
Megan

Abby said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I love the pictures and posts so far--such beautiful girls! Have fun tonight--should I be worried that we're going to see "Wicked" on Friday, the 13th? Is that just asking for trouble?