chalkboard

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

OCD 2-year-old!

Look at this face. Does this look like the face of an obsessive compulsive door closer (and locker-outer)? Don't let that innocent face trick you. This little girl, once again (yes this isn't the first time), locked me out of my bathroom. I had just gotten out of the shower, and had put one contact in, and the phone rang. So I went to the office to answer it. It was my mom, so we chatted for a while. Meanwhile, H was messing with the door lock, and then (as she always does) she shut the door. Last time this happened I had hubby on the phone trying to explain to me how to jimmy the lock. It took forever, and I finally gave up and got out the drill and took off the door knob. This time, I just went straight for the drill. In frustration, I was telling her to not mess with the door locks, and she got this really concerned look on her face. While I was taking off the doorknob, she wrapped her little arms around my leg and said, "I sorry, Mommy." And I said thank you for saying sorry, please don't do it again...and she said, "I won't, I promise, Mommy, I promise." I couldn't help but chuckle inside. She's a funny girl. Somehow, I don't think this is the last time I'll be pulling out the powertools to open my bathroom door.

7 comments:

Dottie Stay said...

Alright, first of all could she be any cuter!? That is fetchin' hysterical!! I can just see her sweet little face telling you that she was sorry. You are right, what do you say to that? Your post was so funny. I love reading about everyone, because it makes me feel more normal.

Abby said...

Hey, her OCD could be useful--train her to turn off lights and for that matter, do dishes, laundry, etc. (Who needs doorknobs anyway, right?)

Rachel said...

She is so cute! My kids like to lock the garage door so I can't get in when I have gone out to throw something away etc. I am waiting for the day that they lock it when we are all out there with no keys. . . then we'll be in trouble!

Jen said...

Spencer does the same thing! He locks himself into his bedroom all the time. He cries when he realizes he can't get out and when I get it open for him-- he just turns around and does it again. He loves doors. He would try to open the doors when I went to OB when I was pregnant. Yeah, I am sure the ladies on the other side would love to have their doors flying open during an OB exam! It was a nightmare!

PJC said...

I love her! Every time I see your fam picture on my fridge, I wonder who took your pictures? Was it the same person who did your Easter ones? They are SOOO cute. Luckily, my midget child can't reach the locks yet. However, I've done my fair share of locking myself out. My dad and brother-in-law, Scott, had to come over with a credit card to get my door open once. I'm frightened to say that the credit card worked.

Annie said...

Jen,
The family pic and the one of Holly in black and white were done in Utah last summer. I can't remember the name of the photographer. She was really great, though. In fact, she had a website, and on it I saw a picture of your parent's neighbor's The Gillmans. So they probably remember her name. The Easter pics were taken at the mall by The Picture People. (It's kind of like Kiddie Kandids.)
Annie

PJC said...

Thanks for the info Annie!