chalkboard

Monday, March 31, 2008

The Rest of the Story...

All right, my friends, here is the rest of the story. Sorry for the long delay, as I'm sure you were all just waiting on pins and needles to hear what happened next. Yeah right! In any event, hopefully this is the last post about racoons.

So after many sleepless weeks because of the critters in my ceiling, I finally called Critter Control. Yes, the same people that I paid to come last year that didn't catch any critters. But, I will give them props for giving me a "discount" for being a repeat customer.

So, the guy is crawling all over the outside of my house and canNOT figure out where the little devils have been getting in. Like I said before...Trevor had sealed up all possible entrances. So we have all been pretty dumbfounded that we are still hearing critters. Anyway, I showed him where I have been hearing racoon chatter in my ceiling, and he tapped around. He finally got them to start making some noise. And he cut a whole in my ceiling, and LO and BEHOLD, there were four little baby raccoons inside. No sign of the mama. I really hope she can't back inside because she's gonna be pretty mad if she gets back in and her babies are gone. Yikes!

I know the picture doesn't really show it, but they were really kinda cute. It made me kind of feel bad for all the cursing that went on about them. My girls really wanted to keep them. Yeah right. No, those little rascals are on their way to a rehab center to be nursed back to health and then released back into the wild so they can break into someone elses's house to have their own babies. That's right, that's what I just paid for--racoon rehab.

I'll post again soon, and show you pics of what else we've been up to lately...a little kitchen remodel.

16 comments:

Ace said...

Haha, Racoon rehab! :)

Rachel said...

Oh my. They are cute, but I'm glad they are out of your house!

Dottie Stay said...

I am so glad that you found the cause of all the racket! So cute. I would have wanted to keep them too. Deron would have told me no as well. Can't wait to see pics of your kitchen! I love your style!

Michelle Y said...

So glad the "problem" is hopefully fixed. Glad they were caught when they were babies, I can't imagine all the racket all those FULL size racoons would make!

The Galan Family said...

Oh my gosh! Can't believe THOSE were in your wall/ceiling! Crazy. I would not have paid that Critter Control another dime. They didn't finish the job the first time! Hopefully you can start sleeping better now. So funny!

Anonymous said...

Annie. You are a brave, brave woman! I would have been outta there long ago!

Annie said...

I was bitter about paying again, too...but since it had been a year since they had been here, I had to pay. Darn!

Jen said...

Oh my. They would have scared the crap out of me. I know. Again, I am the resident "non-pet" person in our blogging group. But sheesh! Having those guys up above me for that long would have been a nightmare! Good thing they are gone. And good thing there are racoon lovers out there... because I don't know if I could have paid for racoon rehab! :)

Kinsey Pistorius said...

in the picture, i didn't know if they were dead or alive! crazy!!! But I am glad you finally found the "problem" and it is all ending the best way possible... they didn't have to die in your walls!

Angela, Grady and Boys said...

You crack me up! I'm glad to finally hear the end of the story and that hopefully your sleepless nights have ended. Way funny! And they were really cute...too bad you didn't let the girls keep them! :) Hope all is well out there...I'd love to see pictures of your remodeled kitchen! How exciting!

Molly said...

Those little guys are ADORABLE! Man, baby anything is sooooo cute. I sure hope for your sake that mama racoon abandoned those baby coons!

bradyandjillblasdell said...

I love your house!! The racoons are adorable, I am sure I wouldn't think that if they were in my house. You kill me! Seriously, i love reading your blogs, they are more interesting than any books I am reading right now.

Sharlynn said...

Wow what a crazy story. Glad you found them and got them out. It does make you a little sad thinking that you are taking these babies away from the mom, but then I have to remind myself they are humans. Okay that was a dumb though but maybe you understand what I am trying to say. I better just end my ramblings here.

Johnson said...

Oh, they are so cute..but I know very annoying. I am glad they are gone from your house. Watch out for the mom, she may be out for revenge if she can't get back into see her babes!! I cried when I had to call the animal control come take kitties that I was so allergic too and they stunk up my basement because they were in one of my window wells.

Anyways, I am glad it is all solved. Can't wait to see the remodel!!!

Johnson said...

Oh, they are so cute..but I know very annoying. I am glad they are gone from your house. Watch out for the mom, she may be out for revenge if she can't get back into see her babes!! I cried when I had to call the animal control come take kitties that I was so allergic too and they stunk up my basement because they were in one of my window wells.

Anyways, I am glad it is all solved. Can't wait to see the remodel!!!

jennie said...

Oh... they really are cute. Glad the problem is solved! Um... let's plan a party when you come to UT!!!