chalkboard

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sunday morning with pancakes...


Honestly, what's better than Sunday morning, homemade buttermilk pancakes, jammies, and conference? I say nothing. And it's a little embarrassing that my favorite food in the entire world is pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream. Many of you already know this about me. They are the ultimate comfort food for me. (And I wonder why I can't seem to lose ten pounds!) I think it's because we ate this growing up, and when I was really sick/pregnant with Holly, my mom made these for me and it was literally the only thing that sounded in the least bit appetizing and didn't make me throwup. (I know, why did I need to mention the throwup...sorry.) Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed your conference weekend.

Here's my recipe for delectable, fluffy buttermilk pancakes:

1 2/3 c. flour
2 T. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
Whisk to combine, then add:
2 c. buttermilk
2 eggs
2 T. oil
Whisk until combined. Batter will be slightly lumpy. Don't overmix.
Heat up griddle and cook. The key to fluffy pancakes is to only turn them ONCE. You know they are done when you can press on them and they immediately bounce back.

11 comments:

Jen Tornow said...

Those strawberries and whipped cream look delectible! I may have to make this. Annie, I got the dress at TJMAXX. They were having a sale before Easter on girls dresses. I got it for $14.99! She loves it, too. I should have bought more because they were all so cute and such a great deal!! That store is hit and miss for me, but when it hits, it's a good one!

Dottie Stay said...

My mouth is watering just looking at the pictures! Yummy! You are right there is nothing better then Conference and food and family!

Mandy said...

How fun! Our family tradition is strawberry crepes...and I feel the exact same way about them! They are so delicious! Emma is a huge pancake fan I will have to try your recipe!

Mandy said...

Ok I have to leave a comment about the Raccoons! Michelle told me all about you guys hearing them when we are on our way to VT, I must admit I was laughing my head off! I was glad to see the rest of the story...and they really do look cute!

Angela, Grady and Boys said...

OH YUM!!!! That looks sooo good! Too bad I had to see that seeing as how I'm in a weight loss competition and trying out weight watchers. I bet that would take half my points for the day! The first of June though, I will be all over that! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Rachel said...

You are a woman after my own heart! I'm going to have to try your recipe. It sounds DELICIOUS! Can't wait to see you next month!

Jen said...

I am going to have to try the recipe, too. But, I can tell you right now, I am not a very good pancake flipper, so we will just have to have you over next conference weekend! (Do you do housecalls?)

Abby said...

Those do look especially perfect...if I didn't have such incredible heart burn right now I might be tempted to go heat up the griddle! (Yes, it's after 10pm--doesn't matter).

Johnson said...

Thanks for the yummy recipe. I will have to try those too. We always do crepes and fruit on conference...ah I love conference!!

Natalie said...

Thanks for posting the recipe! I tried them, my family Loved it!

malia said...

oooh thanks! looks super yummy! :)