chalkboard

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I Heart Michael Buble


Okay friends, turn the mute off on your computers, and crank up the volume. What you are listening to is the fabulous voice of Mr. Michael Buble. His new-ish song "Lost" is the first on the list I have on my playlist, and it just gives me pins and needles all over (and brings a tear to my eye, even) when I listen to it. I love love LOVE his music and voice.
Last fall, I heard he was coming to Houston, so I bought a couple of tickets put them in Trevor's stocking on Christmas. Well, the concert was this last Saturday night. I have to tell you, I am always a little leary of seeing someone in concert, because sometimes they just don't measure up live. Let me tell you, he definitely delivered. What a fantastic show, and he was just hilarious, too. I just wanted to take him home with me! You know, to sing me to sleep every night. :)
If you get a chance to see him in concert, do it. Don't hesitate...it's worth every penny! American Idol holds nothing compared to this. (Although, I am a fan of A.I.--hello, David Archuletta?! Wow.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Parents went to his concert last year in SLC and totally loved it. Ruby thinks he's groovy too and loves to dance to his smooth voice.

Kinsey Pistorius said...

I didn't realize you are reading pillars of the earth - I just finished it. I liked it a lot but I was kind of disturbed by some of the scenes in it...

Annie said...

I know what you mean, Kinsey. I won't be recommending it to the RS book club--but I have to say I think it's going to be a good story.

Ace said...

Annie,

I've been resisting the M.B. throngs for far too long. You've inspired me to join. :)

Dottie Stay said...

You are so right. He is just a beautiful beautiful man! His voice, his looks, his demeanor. I would love to see him in concert. And I totally hear you with David Archuleta. He needs to win! I am sorry, but Danny needs to leave. I honestly can't watch him perform. I close my eye, because he makes me want to vomit! Was that too harsh?

Rachel said...

How fun for you and Trev to spend the evening together. He does have a great voice!

Johnson said...

I heart David A too! Okay funny story about my Michael. The first time Greg and I saw him was on our anniversary getaway. We were watching PBS..I know, we are boring and we thought he was a local and we were like..."wow, this guy is going to go somewhere". Um, too bad we were a litttle late...he'd already gone and done that!! I am a huge fan!!

malia said...

That is so fun that you were able to go! I love Mr. Buble as well. His voice is so dreamy. :) I am totally jealous. I keep checking to see if he is coming to New York and never find anything. I guess I should check again right now. Maybe I will. :)

Diana said...

I agree, I love him too. This is funny, I never knew what he looked like before I saw your picture of him. I had no idea he was this young. What a fun date!