chalkboard

Sunday, March 16, 2008

New Theory

Um, I think we were wrong about the squirrels...
It's something much bigger than that. Last night, when Trevor went to check out the "racket", I thought he was walking around the room just above our bedroom. When he came back, I asked him, and he said he hadn't been. Whatever was walking around up there was A LOT bigger than a squirrel...big enough to make the floorboards creak. It might explain why when we set up squirrel traps, we never caught any. Our current bet is that it is an oppossum. Maybe a racoon. Last night, we were both up very late, and couldn't go to sleep because the critter was in our walls again. Trevor patched up any possible holes during the day, and it's probably stuck in there. So...we are setting some racoon traps tonight in hopes of catching something.
Can you believe any of this? I hardly can. Who would have thought I would be posting about a racoon/oppossum invasion.
So, for now the squirrels are safe, and there has been no alliance formed between the racoons and the squirrels. Phew! That's a load off my mind...

Well apparently, I do!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it. That is so crazy! Best of luck catching your rodent.

Rachel said...

I would be afraid to go to sleep at night for fear it would end up in my bed! We had a snake in our walls one time and Troy refused to sleep in our basement (where our room was) until it was captured and removed. Good luck!!!

Natalie said...

Sorry about ALL the critters!! By the way your house is Beautiful! I loved living in foresty areas, but they always have there pros and a lot of CONS! At first the critters are cute:)

Oh and I didn't comment on Michael Buble. I meant to! I LOVE his music!! I'm glad you enjoyed the concert. You have fine taste.

Dottie Stay said...

I can't believe that! I would have been swearing too! That makes me nervous for you. I would hate hearing those sounds. I am so sorry. You have been hunting and patching and searching for those little beast of burden! Keep us posted, and good luck! May your rodent trap work!

Ace said...

Bleh! Good luck. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

Abby said...

My guess is opossum...as disgusting as they are. I just had the guy come and spray today--not because there's any chance in you-know-where of killing the scorpions, but hopefully to kill their food source. I can't even blog about how I found one in Cubby's room yesterday and flipped out and bawled and bawled, and then had my father in law come to dispose of it. I hate critters, and I hope you catch that little devil and that you personally never have to look at it! (By the way, the bug guy told me if I still keep seeing scorpions I need to go out with a black light and find the nests...no thank you. I would sooner roll over and die than actually know how many there are lurking outside my sanctuary!) Ok, thanks for letting me get it out. I'm disturbed and obsessed.

Johnson said...

I am freaking out for you. I wouldn't be able to handle it. I will be thinking about you and thinking bad thoughts about the animal!!! Maybe it will kill over!!

malia said...

I am very, very scared for you. I am so sorry! I hope you can get that critter out of there as soon as possible!