chalkboard

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tag, I'm It!

1. How did you meet your spouse?
Well, actually in the 1st grade! Although, neither one of us knew that until high school. But it's kinda fun to look at our 1st grade class picture, and there we both are. But all of you know the rest of the story--friends in high school, dated after he got home from his mission, and the rest is history.

2. What can you live without?
Of course, I have to say roaches, or any kind of bug for that matter.

3. 3 Favorite Books
I don't know if I can narrow it down to just three, because I just love to read. So my favorite books are the ones I'm in the process of reading. But most recently, Harry Potter#7, Eclipse, and I really like any book from Brock and Bodie Thoene.

4. What was your favorite subject in school?
Probably US History in high school. In college, I really liked my Accounting classes--does that make me a total nerd?

5. What is your favorite memory?
So hard to narrow down...but from childhood, I remember in the 1st grade, my parents took us out of school and surprised us with a trip to Disneyland. I thought they were so cool for surprising us, because we really had no clue. I also love Christmas mornings and any kind of holiday spent with family. Another fun memory is, last November I flew to Utah and surprised my mom for her 50th birthday. That was a real kick in the pants. Surprises are so much fun.

6. 3 Guilty Pleasures
Blogging! (My kids get severely neglected when I log on.)
Chocolate Chip cookie dough
photobooking--when I get going I just can't stop! (again, it's a guilty pleasure because of the neglect involved.)

7. If you were stranded on an island what is the one thing you would wantto have?
chocolate chip cookie dough. kidding--or am I?

8. Describe your ideal vacation (where, how long, who with, etc.)
I really want to take Trevor to Europe. I went back in 2000 with Megan and my cousin, and it was such a fun trip. I want to spend a week on the Amalfi Coast in Italy basking in the sun, and eating really good Italian food.

9. How did you know you were in love?
Trevor likes to tell people it's because I told him he didn't make me sick. And I have to clarify that by saying that any other relationship I had been in, just didn't feel right; hence it would make me "sick." (not in a literal sense) With him, there was just a feeling of calm and peace, and I knew it was right. And by the way, I remember having this exact thought one day when we were all sitting at lunch in high school--"Whoever marries that Trevor Aitken is sure going to be the luckiest girl in the world." And who would have known, that it would be me...the luckiest girl in the world!

10. What is your favorite kind of gum?
I actually have no love for gum. I would rather have a tic tac.

Watch those emails I will tagging someone soon!

9 comments:

Johnson said...

I didn't know that you two were in the same 1st grade class..that is really cool. That was like Greg and i...I spoke at teh 6th grade graduation and my friend found the video when we were dating...Greg's singing group came to perform at the graduation, so there is me up by the stage and there is Greg in his bow tie and cumber bun (spelling?) singing and dancing his little heart out! Twu Love!!! I loved all your answers and you crack me up! I could just hear you talking!!!

Anonymous said...

You have good answers! I love surprises too. I guess I had better get started on reading the series that Eclipse is in huh? They're good eh? I am glad Trevor didn't make you sick! Makes a lot of sense! I am suddenly craving some chocolate chip cookie dough! So good!

Jen Tornow said...

Yeah, I wouldn't mind taking that Italy trip, either! You and Trevor have some fun stories. It must have been meant to be!

Dottie Stay said...

Loved the answers! I am so happy that you aren Trev are married!! Love the stories, and I love learning new things about people. Just when you think you know someone, you learn something new! You are just wonderful!!

Megan said...

Europe was great,huh? YOu and Trevor are the cutest! I must say that I love cookie dough too!

Layne & Kellie said...

I think you and Trevor are fabulous match. I remember being so excited when I heard the two of you were going to get married. I loved the "sick" comment that made me laugh. :) Thanks for your post!

Abby said...

I love love stories like yours...so uncomplicated! Ditto on the bugs. Today I encountered my very first scorpion--an event I go have gone without.

Michelle Y said...

I loved reading all your answers! I think your parents are the coolest for the suprise Disneyland trick, I would love to do that one day for my kids. I didn't know you and Trevor were in the same 1st grade class, it was meant to be.

jennie said...

I love reading about you Annie! When I think about you and Trev in H.S. I strain to remember if I ever saw any sign of you too getting married! The only thing I can think of was when he took you to prom. What a great match you make. oh... and I finished Eclipse last night and am still LOVING Edward.