chalkboard

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Happy Birthday to my Baby Girl!

I can't believe my baby girl is now 6 years old...and starting 1st Grade on Monday! I'm so ready for summer to be over. We all need a little more structure and organization in our lives. So, back to the big birthday. G's birthday was Tuesday, and we went out to dinner with our little fam to Friday's. She was so excited when the employees sang her happy birthday. She's having a party with her friends at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow. I've been working on her birthday cake all night tonight, and I took a few pics to share. I hope this makes up for last year, when she got cupcakes from a box for her birthday. (No one got cute cakes last year--or homemade dinner for that matter.)

*************************************************************

On a completely different (and maybe slightly inappropriate) note, I am proud to announce that she finally did it! H is potty trained! It was like one day the lights suddenly turned on and she just got it. I am so glad we have moved past the diaper phase with her. I'm not saying she's perfect at it yet...but hey, she's pretty darn near it!

10 comments:

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen said...

Happy Birthday, Grace! You are a beautiful little girl! The cake looks fabulous, Annie! And congrats on potty training Holly. I am already looking forward to being out of diapers- not me myself, my baby!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Cute cake. You did a great job! Congratulations on surviving potty training.

Happy Birthday, Grace!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Grace! And way to go Holly! You cake is so cute! How exciting to start the 1st grade! That's all day! WOW!
PS my email is elin@byu.net

Jen said...

I am so jealous about the potty training! Congrats to BOTH of you! Super cute cake. Again, I am in awe. One day I will make a homemade cake for my kids... One day. Your family is so fun. I love the pictures!

Johnson said...

Happy Birthday Grace!! It is amazing how fast they grow up! You did a darling job on the cake...my kids get the poor boxed cupcakes...oops!!! Congrats on the potty training....there is nothing like getting to that point!!!! Yea Holly!!!!

Dottie Stay said...

Wow, I can't believe that she is 6!! She is so beautiful, and I am sure she is the greatest big sister. Congrats on the potty training!! That is so BIG!!! That seriously is one of the bestdays ever. When your kid finally realizes that they need to use th potty! What a great mom you are.

Megan said...

What an accompishment, a six year old and a potty trained toddler! Happy day! Lincoln's favorite place is chuck-e-cheese! Infact, we are going there tonight for his last summer outing before school starts on Mon.

Abby said...

I'm dying at your cake--it's perfection! And a huge round of applause for the potty training! She's so cute!

Jen (momofmandm) said...

Your daughters are so cute. Way to go on the cake, it is seriously such a cute cake. I am very jealous of the potty training. I can't get mine to even care about it at all. Maybe one day... You are doing a great job they are darling.