chalkboard

Thursday, August 16, 2007

A history of anniversaries...


Happy 7th Anniversary to US!
I can't believe how fast seven years has gone by. Today I was remembering all the anniversaries we have celebrated, and I thought I'd share them with ya'll:
2001--It was 5 days before G was born (yeah, we didn't waste any time, did we), so I was hugely pregnant and we couldn't do much of anything. We were living in Wyview and very poor, so I remember we went to a movie at good ole Movies 8. I don't even remember what we went to see.
2002--We were in Yellowstone on a fun weekend trip with some cousins. We even left G at home with grandparents. It was fun because we went to Jackson Hole, which had fun memories because that's where we went on our honeymoon.
2003--Our anniversary was the night before Trevor was leaving to go to Texas to start school. Our house we were purchasing wasn't done yet, so he was going alone and Grace and I were coming a week later. Needless to say, we were in the middle of packing and it was a pretty crazy time. We did get to go out to dinner, though. Trev took me to a place up in SLC called Tiburon...it was really good.
2004--Again, I was very pregnant, this time with H. We didn't have anyone that could babysit G, so she came along to this Chinese restaurant that we had heard good things about in Austin. The food ended up being really gross, and it was a bummer that we couldn't even get a night out alone.
2005--We had been in Houston a couple of months, and Trevor had just been made EQ pres, so of course he had a stake leadership meeting on our anniversary. We were able to go to dinner, but it was cut really short because of the meeting.
2006--Let's see, last year, yet again I was pregnant, but this time I was in the early stages and very sick. Plus, it was the first day of Kindergarten for G. I don't remember if we even got to go out. I don't think we did because food didn't start sounding good to me until around November.
2007--Well, today I've spent most of the day curled up in the fetal position fighting off some sort of stomach virus that has been raging through our family. I guess we couldn't let all our friends and family living in Utah County suffer alone. So, we won't be doing much celebrating today. Hopefully I'll be better by Saturday, so we can at least go out to dinner.
Looking at the crazy history of anniversaries that we have had, it's amazing to me that we even had time and a clear calendar seven years ago to even get married! But, it's been a great seven years. I'm still the luckiest girl in the world to have married my best friend.

17 comments:

Jen said...

Annie, that post made me laugh so hard because it sounds like our anniversaries! One of these days I am going to make Rich do something really HUGE for me to make up for all the "not so great" anniversaries. I wish I could have been there for your wedding! You guys look great! Congrats!

Megan said...

Oh how I remember that day too! Good job remembering all the details of your anniversaries. I don't think I can do that! Hope you get feeling better!

Megan said...

Your wedding day that is!

Johnson said...

I lovvvvvvve your wedding picture!!! How cute is that! I can't believe that you guys have been married for 7 years! You guys look even better seven years later!!!! (what's the secret??) I think you have a great memory. I have a good memory but just about fights and bad things....just ask Greg..he's pretty lucky!!!! Well, Happy Anniversary and I hope you get over the flu quickly!! That is awful.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful couple! We thought it was so sool that we got married within a few days of eachother! You guys are so cute! Someday I hope we will have a cool anniversary too - or at least get some jewels! Maybe 10th Who am I kidding! Totally our 20th! Congrats and hope you get feeling better so you can do something fun this weekend!

Jen (momofmandm) said...

Your wedding picture is so beautiful! I love it in black and white like that. You guys are so sweet and in love I think I remember what that was like...just teasing. Your kids are darling too. We have had the stomache crap that has been going around and we live in St. George so I thind that it is just going around the whole US. Your kids names are Grace, Holland and what is the littlest girls name? They are so sweet. I hope you get feeling better for the anniversary celebration. I hope to hear from you! Congratulations on the big SEVEN.

Jen Tornow said...

Derrick and I also have had some pretty pathetic anniversaries. Our first was spent in Maui (Yeah, that sounds good until I add in the fact that we were sharing a room with Derrick's parents) I can't even remember our second anniversary, but our third was spent watching Derrick's brother's 4 children. That was the LONGEST week of my life! But what's a bad anniversary when you are married to your best friend?

Jen Tornow said...

By the way, I REALLY hope you get over the flu so you guys can go have a fun evening together!

Kristen said...

Happy Anniversary Trevor and Annie! It's weird to think that you have been married for 7 years. I still think of you as my little sister, but Kim has been married 8 years and Mark and I are going on 11! What?
Anyways, I think you two are so great together and I hope you can recover from the bug quickly!

Dottie Stay said...

The cutest post ever! Your wedding picture is so beautiful!I am so sorry that you don't feel good. Hopefully this weekend you will be up for something. 7 years!!?? I can't believe that time has gone that fast! You guys are perfect, and I just love you both! Your kids are so lucky to have you! They couldn't ask for better parents!

Sharlynn said...

Happy anniversary. Watch out for the 7 year itch. Just kidding we didn't have one. I am sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. I wonder if the virus can pass through blogging. Just kidding. I am a nerd I know. I hope you have a great anniversary and get feeling better. Oh and cute Wedding picture.

Layne & Kellie said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your picture. You guys are so cute together... yes, I keep saying that but it is true. Get better soon so you can go celebrate!!

Michelle Y said...

Happy Anniversary!! Its crazy how the time has flown. You have a great recollection of all 7 anniversaries, I don't think I can remember our 7 in such great detail. Hope you feel better soon.

Rachel said...

You are good, I don't even remember what Troy and I have done on all our anniversaries. I've probably been pregnant on all of them ha ha! I think you and Trevor are a perfect match. I can't believe we never saw that coming!

malia said...

I love your pictures! You look so beautiful. He looks great. And you look blissfully happy. :) 7 years. Wow! That is awesome. I guess anniversaries aren't always what you would hope them to be, but I guess the point of anniversaries is that you have had another wonderful year together...full of highs that sustain you during the not-so-fun parts.

Natalie said...

Annie, I'm terrible at posting on all these blogs I see! I think out of everyone I've actually known you the longest. It's fun to see your little family. What cute girls!! I was picturing people I saw at the reunion a couple months ago that I didn't get a chance to say hello to, and you were one of them. This blog thing though has been a good thing for me (and everyone of course) to keep in touch with people. Hope you had a Happy anniversary! Natalie Bye Tingey

Molly said...

Annie... hello hello! Your mom told me about your blog and since I recently joined the "blog train" I was way excited. Wow, it sounds like you guys have bad luck on your anniversaries! I loved how you included exactly what you did on every one! Well, I hope you are feeling better. Keep in touch.