chalkboard

Friday, June 22, 2007

Temporarily Insane

Well, I feel like a slacker. Everyone is writing fantastic and funny posts, and I'm just out to lunch. I feel like I have been running 90 miles an hour (chasing kids) since we've been in town. Does anyone out there feel like your kids are making you insane? I've never really felt like an extremely busy mom until magic number three happened. Also, it doesn't help when you have three kids on vacation without their daddy to help out. I should have recorded the cacaphony in the backseat while driving in the car yesterday. It was so loud! I think I need to start carrying ear plugs with me at all times, so that when I get tired of the tattle-tailing, screaming, crying, loud singing, etc, I can just plug them in and have a mommy time-out. I'm sure I'm not the only mother who feels this way at times. But it was funny when last night I was getting my kids in the car trying to get on the road to my sister's house in Salem (where we were going to have a cousin sleepover)--in the midst of a screaming baby who was sick of her carseat, a screaming 2 year old who has major diaper rash that I think can only be cured by potty training the child, and another child who shall remain nameless that had had an accident in her pants(which NEVER happens), my dad asked me if he needed to call CPS. I told him he just might need to.

Well, even though I feel very busy and crazy, and temporarily insane, I still wouldn't change my job for anything.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, I feel like that daily. The car is the worst place- it seems to be the loudest, craziest place where all the fights break out. For some reason Addy can't stop asking me random questions while we drive. I wish I had ear plugs as well. Some times I just have to ask her to STOP talking for a few minutes. That never goes over well and usually ends in crying. I feel your pain!

Anonymous said...

You definitely have you hands full! I agree, I think that insanity must just come with the job. Life gets even trickier when on vacation. Especially when it is to see family - we are always running around and Ruby's naps are usually taken in the car on the go. We still haven't fully recovered from our last trip down. Ruby is teething - it is the pits!!! So, basically the only one who is getting any sleep is Jeff (he could sleep through a train coming though our house). Ruby's hugs and very wet kisses are worth every sleepless night.
You sound like super mom to me! My advice - leave your kids with the grandparents and go get a facial!

Jen said...

Your posts are fantastic! What are you talking about? And, I am glad you share the not so fun side of mommyhood. As we speak Spencer is trying to pull apart Parker's pac-n-play. (Its just a good thing Parker's not in it.) And Parker is crying in his crib because he refuses to sleep... but he is SO tired! Whats a mom to do?

Dottie Stay said...

Oh, I am so glad that I am not the only one! Somedays, we are all in tears! It is worth it, but during the hard times, sometimes I wonder. Of course I am kidding. I love my boys. Now, if they would only learn to love each other.

Johnson said...

I am with you!! I love what I do most of the time but three can be a handful. I took all three boys to the pool yesterday and just having to have my eyes in three different spots was crazy. I told Greg it was more stressful than fun. I have one who wants to be in the big pool, one who wants to go play on the kids toys and one who just want to crawl into the water until he can't breathe. Ahhhh! I remember thinking, oh three is a piece of cake, but you have those times when it is hard to give each of them what they need. I have learned to actually take the noise in the car and really ignore it because I am just so glad we aren't out in public making that much noise!!!! Oh, well, most times it is wonderful!!!! It is always nice to be home!!!