chalkboard

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Can we just say bag lady?

I think this is classified as "dressing up run amuk." Seriously, this child could be totally happy all day long if given a bag of dress-up clothes to play with. This "look" was inspired by Grandma Shell's old costumes. It was hilarious, because she kept bringing more and more items to help her put on, and by the time she was done she looked like some sort of gypsy-bag lady.





We went to the annual Glazier family reunion this past weekend. It was so much fun! Our family went down a day early so we could go to Bryce. I hadn't been to Bryce since I was knee high to a grasshopper, so it was great. What a gorgeous place. Southern Utah is just breath-taking. T likes to talk about geology any chance he can get, so this was heaven for him! The kids had a blast hiking and spending time with their cousins. The one hike we did was down to Wallstreet, and I was a little worried about my girls getting tired because it was so steep. But they did great--much to both T's and my surprise.

Once we got to the family reunion site, I don't think H came inside unless she was dragged kicking and screaming. She had so much fun. I love that my kids are playing outside. They just don't do it that much back home. It was fun to see family that we hadn't seen in a very long time. I think all we did was eat, talk, and eat some more! Some good dieting is on the horizon for me. Yeah for me! (yes, sarcasm is implied.)

9 comments:

Jen said...

Bryce Canyon is beautiful! I'm impressed with your hiking girls. I don't know how well Spencer would do... and he's, well, a boy. Looks like a lot of fun! It is so great to have you close for a change!

Rachel said...

I'm glad you had fun! Trevor would be a great guide to take along in the National Parks. Kamryn counted down the days until you would be back in Orem. Thanks for letting her come play on Monday. She had a great time!

glo said...

Hey, what's wrong w/gypsy-bag ladies. I've already started my training long ago. She's just got a real good head start. Love, Uncle Craig and Aunt Glo

Dottie Stay said...

Love that you are here. I am glad that you had fun! Family reunions are all about eating! Take advantage of it. You look great, so NO worries! Cute family pic. You definitely need to blow that one up for the wall!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute family you have! Your girls are darling! Your Grace was just new when we saw you last. How fun to see how your family has grown. And, might I say Annie you look gorgeous! Trevor is the luckiest to be surrounded by such beautiful girls. Glad you found us - and yes even though I am new to blogging I am totally hooked!
- Kerri Johnson

Devon said...

What a great picture! I'm glad you guys are having fun!

Annie said...

Thanks Kerri! I'm so glad you have joined the blog-0-sphere.

Layne & Kellie said...

Fun pics. I don't think I have been to Bryce Canyon. It is beautiful. It is fun to see that your kids are enjoying it. Fun family pic!

Johnson said...

I love the pictures. You look amazing but what else is new. I am glad you had a good time!!!