chalkboard

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My Daughter, the Swamp Creature

I thought this picture was hilarious that we took at the pool yesterday. H just loves to run in and out of the pool a million times, and usually her hair ends up looking like this. By the way, we discovered the perfect time to go to the pool...5 or 6:00 in the evening--no one is there! It's fantastic! We went for FHE, and it was really nice to avoid the masses. (Really, have you been there in the middle of the day? It's practically standing room only.) We had a great time. I literally had to drag Holly out of the pool at 8:00 when they close, because she was NOT going to get out of her own free will and choice.

Only two more days of crazy single-parenting. Hubby flies in on Thursday. Yeah! I can't believe how fast the past couple of weeks have gone by. It's a bit sad that our little summer vacation is coming to a close. Whenever we come back, it feels like we never left. And we have had so much fun hanging out with family and friends.

8 comments:

glo said...

Reading your blog posts are truly a treat. You are as dramatically passionate as I, something with which the members of our branch of the Aitken tree are so unfamiliar. It's a treat to listen to your stories. Thanks.
On another note, have you and Trevor heard about Aunt Louene's illness?

Rachel said...

Yea!!! Trevor will be back! I can't believe that you only have a week left of this vacation. A month seems like a long time, but it has FLOWN by! It's been so fun to have Grace and Kamryn renew their friendship. What cute little girls we have.

Annie said...

Glo-
Yes, we have heard, and we are just heartsick about it. Hopefully we'll see you Sunday night...
Annie

Anonymous said...

This is a classic picture that she will enjoy when she's 16! Love it! Ruby and I are the fish in our family. How fun to go to the pool! We have our warm days but, June can still be a little chilly. I bet you are stoked to have Trevor join your troops! Funny how time flies by when you are on vacation!

Dottie Stay said...

I am sad that you are leaving, and i feel like I haven't taken advantage of you even being here! We will have a great time on Saturday! Your the best Annie, and you are such a great mother, and wife. Trevor is lucky to have you!

Jen said...

I can't believe how fast time flies. Didn't you just get into town? Didn't I just see you and Trevor? Well, it will be good to see you Saturday at our girly lunch and sad to see you go!

Johnson said...

Cute pictures!!! I bet you are glad to have Trevor back to help. I can't wait to see ya!!!

Jen Tornow said...

She's darling, Annie! I'm glad you've had such a great trip. I can't believe it's been almost a month! Thanks for the tip on pool time.