chalkboard

Thursday, May 31, 2007

We're Here!!!

Well, we're officially here. There's nothing like stepping off the airplane, and instantly needing a bit of chapstick (and also feeling your nose begin to immediately get a little stuffy). It was so frickin' hot and muggy yesterday in Houston that we were glad to get out of there. We all survived the plane ride. I figure 3 hours of torture on an airplane with three kids is WAY better than 2 days of torture in the car. Well worth it.

For those of you who live here and probably take for granted all the wonderful things there are here, I just want share what Trevor and I love:
* Walking in the grass bare-footed (oh how I love the good old Kentucky blue grass!)
* Cool, crisp mornings and evenings
* Dry air (hallelujah! The bath towels will dry completely between uses!)
* Cafe Rio (Costa Vida is really good, too)--you know, you wouldn't think that great Mexican food would be hard to find in Texas considering most of the population is Mexican...but it is!
* Mountains!
* No bugs! (Yes there are bugs here, but once you live some place that is humid you realize that the bugs here in Utah don't count.) A whole month free of cockroaches and ravenous mosquitoes. (They will probably starve without me there to feed on.)
* Did I mention family? They should have been first on the list! We love our families!!
* You can leave the doors open without fear of cockroaches and mosquitoes invading your house. (Can you tell I really don't like the roaches and mosquitoes in Texas?)
* Camping in the summer (In Texas, you have to camp in the winter, or it's too hot.)
* No fire ants!
* Built-in babysitters!
* Good friends to catch up with.
Well, I could go on and on. Don't get me wrong, I do love Texas...It just makes me appreciate Utah so much more.

14 comments:

Jen Tornow said...

Hooray for Costa Vida!! (I was really excited to see that plug!) I hope you guys have a fantastic vacation in good ol' Utah. I agree, it's a great place!

Dottie Stay said...

I am so excited that you are here!! Let's all get together soon. I can't wait to see you. Since we have been blogging, I feel like I haven't seen you forever!!! Oh, that's right it almost has been a year. Can't wait!

Rachel said...

All I have to say is call me, call me, call me. Today was Kamryn's last day of school and she is going to drive me nuts with her boredom! Grace is welcome to come over any day- all day (you and the other girls are welcome too of course!)

Jen Tornow said...

Annie, I'm responding to your comment on my blog. If you ever want to take a look at homes out here--even just for fun--I'd love to take you around!

Jen said...

So when are the girls going to get together to do lunch or dinner? And for my sanity-- lets do it without kids. Mine are currently driving me nuts!

Megan said...

Regarding the Mexican food in Texas comment... my family is always talking about pappacitos. They tell me it is to die for.
Anyhow- glad you are enjoying UT.
We are driving out on the 27th. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are here too! When Megan arrives in town lets all get together for lunch or dinner.

Devon said...

I'm so glad you're here Annie! We really all do need to get together for fun stuff. And I do have to say, Milt often chooses to go to Houston for business trips JUST for Pappasitos and their famous fajitas (they are my sister Ashley's favorite too!) But I am a HUGE sucker for Cafe Rio and Costa Vida! Hope to see you soon!

jennie said...

Welcome home Annie! I'm excited to get together! I thought I'd tell you that Pete's dad was bragging about what a great shoe-repair guy your dad is. You can pass on the compliment if you like.

Annie said...

Yes, let's get together. Monday we are planning to go to the Scera Pool to swim. Trevor really wants to see you gals, too. I keep teasing him that he'll be the only guy, but he insists that he doesn't care. Currently we are staying at Trevor's parents house. Feel free to stop on by anytime. Megan, I'm so glad you're coming!!!

Annie said...

Oh, and yes, I have been to Pappasito's. It's good. I just crave a good pork salad a little too often, and I have yet to find a good one in Texas.

Abby said...

I could have written this--every word...yes.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.