chalkboard

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Five going on Fifteen?!


So tonight during dinner the phone rings, and it's a boy calling for G! What?! Since when is it okay for little boys to call MY little girl? Is this a premonition of what is to come? I think the little boy was just bored, so he was going through the class phone list and calling people...but still...


A couple of months ago, G's teacher noticed a little boy sitting by her during reading time. I guess they looked pretty cozy together. She didn't say anything, but was keeping an eye on the situation. And before she knew it, the little boy had his arm around G! She didn't even come home and tell me about it. I had to get it second hand from another parent. I'm really not ready or cut out for this. But I guess I better be cut out for it because I have 3 girls!


Today was the last day of school. Yeah for summer! But kind of bittersweet for G. She's really going to miss her teacher. And all of her friends. She's such a good little student, and is reading so well. I don't know how I'm going to be able to keep her busy this summer without going insane!


11 comments:

Rachel said...

Holy Cow! She is jut too cute. Our little girls are growing up so fast!

Jen Tornow said...

Oh, Annie, you are in for some trouble with that gorgeous little girl of yours! Good Luck!!

Devon said...

Annie, that picture of her is the cutest thing ever! Did you take it yourself? She is so beautiful! What a cutie- you're definitely going to be in big trouble! I can't wait to see you guys at the reunion!

Rachel said...

Sorry to post again, but last night I had a dream that you guys came to visit and Grace was taller than I was. I was totally shocked at how tall she was. How funny is that? I guess I'm stressing about our kids growing up too fast! Can't wait to see you guys.

Annie said...

Too funny, Rachel! When Grace came home with her report card on the last day of school, part of it was a Gym report card, and there was a note at the bottom that said, "Grace, talk to your parents or teacher about how you might be too lean." She's such a shrimp. I think she's one of the shortest, skinniest kid in Kindergarten. So no worries about her being taller than you!

Dottie Stay said...

um, hello, did you see the picture that you posted!? No wonder the boys are calling her!! I would love to hear what Trevor thinks of this. She is one of daddy's little girls you know, and what an aborable one she is! Can I borrow her for a weekend? I need a girl!! I am so out numbered.

Jen said...

I agree with Mindy-- no wonder the boys are already putting the moves on her! She is so cute! Too bad Spencer isn't a little older. He's tiny. They would make a great pair!

Megan said...

That is crazy! I would be a little shcked about that as well. She is beautiful- just like her mommy!

glo said...

well, if you want to talk "teenagers" I'm already "broken in."

Annie said...

I have to say she was very responsible about the whole thing. In the middle of the conversation she said,"Um, does your mother know you are calling me?" Hilarious!

Johnson said...

You have the cutest girls. You know, you have three girls and I have three boys...this could work. They are so stinkin cute!!!! And by the way,..you crack me up!!!! I love reading about your life!