chalkboard

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Nothing to write home about

I feel very boring. Not much is going on lately, so there's not much to write about. We are very excited for our upcoming trip to Utah. As you can see, there's a little ticker counting down the days. We are so glad to be flying this time and not driving. Last summer is still a little too fresh on my mind--I'll just say that driving and being pregnant do not mix well. (And I vow never to make that dreadful drive pregnant again!) Anyway, with the price of gas being so high it was not much more to just fly.

The girls and I are spending the whole month of June there. Trevor will be there for the first 12 days or so. While he's there we get to go to the annual Glazier Family Reunion. Any of you who have known me for a long time know that this was the highlight of every summer growing up. I don't know what makes it so great. Oh wait, yes I do. Great people to catch up with, swimming, chatting, eating, dutch oven potatoes, sourdough sweet rolls, baseball games, ziplines, hiking, card games, capture the flag, smore's, family sacrament meeting, did I mention eating...it all makes up for a great time. We haven't been able to be there for the past two summers--so we are stoked!

We're so excited to visit all of our family and friends. See you in t-minus 22 days!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

We'll be excited to see you too!

Jen said...

Annie-- we all need to make sure we get together when your in town. Maybe another girls night out? Or, I guess it would be ok if the guys come along... Anyway-- make sure to let us know when would be a good time for you and the fam! And does this mean you are coming to the reunion? Who is all coming? Melinda has roped me in. (And by doing so, my husband really has no choice.)

Annie said...

definitely let's get together! Trevor will be back at the end of the month, so we will both be at the reunion. See you soon!

Mandy said...

I am too tired to really figure it out...but I am pretty sure that we will be there at the same time! We should definately get together, because I don't think we will make it to the HS reunion!

Megan said...

I'm sad that we won't see you. I do agree with the flying route- especially with a newborn. I have done the Texas-Utah drive way too many times- it is horrible. I don't think we will be at the reunion- hope you all have fun.

Abby said...

Could there be a better oasis in Houston summer than Utah? The cool grass that you can walk, sit, sleep on if you want to--the shade is actually cooler...and the zion-like attributes too. Family is always a plus.

Dottie Stay said...

I am so excited for you guys t come up!! Jen, you make it sound like I have you at gun point to come to the reunion. :) Hopefully it will be fun.

glo said...

Thank you for giving us the url to your blog. Your family is darling and growing ever so fast. I'll post this on our blog, if that's okay? Let me know. Aunt Glo

glo said...

One more item; suggest the title of your blog be more specific, i.e., ?: are there many Aitken families on this earth? Aunt Glo

PJC said...

Annie--
I am so excited to see you guys. Your BBQ last summer was so much fun! I was thinking that it might be fun to go up to have a girls night at our cabin at Sundance for dinner or something. The possibilities are endless.