chalkboard

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Ode to Costco


There is only one place in this world where I can go into the store expecting to spend around $80, walk out spending close to $400, and still be a happy camper. There's something wrong with that equation. Maybe they are slipping something into their samples that just makes you love the place. I love Costco...it's like therapy for me. Why buying a 5 lb bag of chocolate chips makes me happy, I have no clue. But it's great. Great quality stuff for a great price. But I really do need to get a life.

Okay, enough about Costco. I hope everyone out there had a wonderful Mother's Day. My family was so sweet to me. T and the girls made breakfast and dinner and dessert (and I won't mention how hubby forgot the nonstick spray in the cake pan :). And while T was slaving away in the kitchen making dinner, I had a very nice nap. G was so cute...she made me a cute place mat and a card. T took me out on a date for Mother's Day on Saturday night. We went up to The Woodlands for dinner and a little shopping. I love my little family.

A big shout out to Trevor's family, who are traveling in England right now. I'm out of my mind with jealousy! They are doing many of the same things that I did when I went there so many years ago. (I can't believe it's been 7 years!) They just got back from Edinburg, Scotland--Megan, do you remember the insomniac we roomed with there? They probably stayed in a nicer place than we did! (I certainly hope so.) Good times, good memories.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Oh- the insomniac. Wasn't she walking around naked? It was a good time- despite the nakedness :)
I too love Costco. I only have gone to Sam's because I've been forced to.. until now. They just built one semi- close to me. I drive 30 min. to get there! I'm glad you had a good mother's day. You deserve it!

Rachel said...

Wow- breakfast, dinner, and dessert? You are one lucky woman! Kamryn can't wait to see Grace when you come out to visit. It will be fun to see your whole cute family!

Dottie Stay said...

Alright, first of all I am sad that I missed this trip with Megan, it did sound like good times!! Love Costco! I am not the bad one though. Deron is addicted to the place, and always comes home excited (well I shouldn't use that word since he is a guy) to show me something that he found there that is the "greatest thing ever!" I too am excited to see you when you come! With this whole blog thing, I feel closer to everyone!

Dottie Stay said...

Ps..Love the Post name! I was laughing so hard! Especially about the 5lb bag of Choc chips! That does feel nice.

Jen Tornow said...

Hi Annie, this is Jen (Thomas) Tornow here. I love this blog thing...you can follow links and find out how some of your favorite people from way back when are doing (this is not the same thing as stalking, right?) Anyway, just have to agree with your Costco shout-out. I honestly think Derrick and I will have Costco withdrawls when we move to NM. Your cousin Kimball is actually building us a home here that we now will not be living in because of the relocation. But the biggest bonus that home would have had is that it is less than a mile from our beloved Costco!

jennie said...

Ok. Pete and I just got home from Costco, and I said "I love going to Costco with you!" I ALWAYS feel happy after I leave. Tonight we found the cutest kid camping chairs and my baby was so happy sitting in the little monkey chair, that we decided to get both the monkey and the elephant chairs! I heart Costco.