chalkboard

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sledding Video



Whenever I watch this video, it just makes me laugh. Maybe you had to be there to know how funny it is, so here's the story. We all decided to go sledding as a family while we were in Utah. My sister and her kids went, as well as my brothers and my dad. Well, at some point my brothers thought it would be "so cool" to haul a big ball of ice from the bottom of the hill to the top just so they could roll it down again. I know, sounds thrilling, right? Well, it was quite the ordeal getting it up the hill since it was huge and did I mention...solid ice?! Well, this little video clip I was trying to just talk to Grace and see how she was enjoying herself. But the action is all going on behind her. It's just classic Robbie and Jordan playing like little boys. They get the iceball rolling, and then we all notice that my nephew Justus decided to follow it down on his sled. (As soon as he makes impact, I forgot I was recording it, so the actual collision wasn't caught on tape, just the reaction.) Well, as you can see from the following picture, it didn't end well. I think this pic will go down in Glazier family history as one of the funniest. Painful, but funny! Sorry Justus, I just had to share!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the defence of Robbie and I, we never intended to hit any kids with the snow ball. I guess we should learn form experience. Whenever Robbie and I do things like that, somebody ends up crying.

Abby said...

That is really sad-looking! And btw, I totally understand the itchy feet you get. I'm the same, so the prospect of being in Vegas--forever--makes me panic a little. I'm going by houses right now. I know we wil be in this house for about two years...then a change (even if not a new place). James assures me, despite all my hopes, we will never have a stint in New England...sniff.

Rachel said...

Poor guy! I was watching and thought "Holy Cow! Did that kid just hit the snowball?" So thanks for the story!

Anonymous said...

Your reaction is great! Poor kid! But, it dioes make a good memory!

Layne & Kellie said...

Love that you got it on video. He must of hit it pretty good to get a mark on his head. Glad it didn't do too much damage.

Megan said...

Justice is so big! I've been wanting to tell you happy belated birthday all week and just haven't... so happy belated birthday! Hope you had a good day.

Sharlynn said...

poor little guy. I am glad that you got to enjoy some snow since you don't get it there in Houston.

Johnson said...

Poor guy. I feel so bad for him but I couldn't help but laugh because of your laugh Annie! I love to hear your laugh. I hope he was okay. He probably doesn't think it is funny now, but someday he will.

Dottie Stay said...

Hysterical! Love the commentary Annie! What a funny story, poor guy, he will never be able to live that down. And since when does Ginny have a 12 year old?

Annie said...

He's 8, turning 12! :)