chalkboard

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and More...

Well, it sure feels like I haven't posted in FOREVER. I tell ya, heading into the holidays just makes life a little crazier. But I love it. November has just flown by. My parents came into town over Trevor's birthday, and we all spent the weekend in San Antonio. That was lots of fun to enjoy the nice weather and relax.
For Thanksgiving, we headed to Austin to spend it with our good friends, the Cluffs. They have four kids, and we have three, so it was a full house and a little crazy. But that's what makes it fun. Good friends, good food, good times. Thanks Jay and Julie for a wonderful weekend! Julie and I hit all the Black Friday (and Saturday) sales. I have two words for you, people: Potterybarn Outlet. Need I say more? What more could you want in life? Nothing, that's what. The whole entire store was 40% off except for the furniture...it was 60% off! I know, it just about made me pee my pants! I love that place. We shopped and shopped, and shopped some more over the two days. It was a lot of fun, and yes, we got up at the crack of dawn Friday morning because that's just what we do! It's fun to get up when it's still dark out, and just throw on some clothes and shop all around town with bedhead. After about noon, we felt like we needed to head back to at least shower, since most of the people we were seeing weren't the "early morning" crowd that looked like us anymore. But I got almost all my Christmas shopping done, so mission accomplished!
I have a small confession to make. My Christmas tree has been up and decorated since a couple of days before Thanksgiving. I know...it's against even my own rules. But we got a new tree this year. The $20 6-footer from WalMart that we bought 6 or 7 years ago, was screaming for a break. Or maybe it was just me screaming. Anyhow, we got a new one, and it's beautiful and the best part is it's PRE-LIT! Fantastic. So, we just couldn't wait until after Thanksgiving to put it up. And I figure, we won't be around over Christmas, so we needed to put it up early so we could enjoy it for as long as possible.
Well friends, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. And I hope you all enjoy as much as I do this wonderful Christmas season. I promise to post pics next time I post.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you've been having fun! I wish our tree was pre-lit- I HATE putting lights on the tree.

Layne & Kellie said...

I think that is great you had your tree up before Thanksgiving. If I had my way I would have too. I was playing holiday music a week before Halloween (due mostly to the fact we don't get great radio reception from our house).

Plus, I know where I want to go on vacation...Pottery Barn Outlet!! We get their catalog so I can drool and see if I can find knock offs in Target.