chalkboard

Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween

Well, I should be sweeping and mopping my kitchen whilst my children are sleeping...but I just had to finally put some Halloween pictures up! We had so much fun. Our ward had a Halloween party/trunk-or-treat. The primary was in charge of a cake walk. So, I spent many hours in my kitchen producing all sorts of treats to contribute. I was totally exhausted by the time the party rolled around. But it was fun, and totally worth it. The kids had a blast. Buzz Lightyear even made an appearance. In case you are wondering...Yes, Holly is Elphaba from Wicked--better known as the Wicked Witch of the West. And yes, we had to listen to the soundtrack in the car on the way to and from the party with all of us singing at the top of our lungs.I think the only reason Grace wanted to be a ballerina was so she could wear makeup--what a GIRL!!! And Baby Kate would NOT hold still for a picture. I chased her around with the camera for a long time trying to get a shot, but they all turned out blurry because she was constantly moving! But, in case you can't tell from the picture, she is sporting white onesy that says "Daddy's Little Pumpkin", and she is also wearing a black bat beanie that has wings. She looked really cute at the beginning of the night, but then she kept trying to pull the hat off and got her shirt all messy. Babies! I made these cute "mummy-dogs" our of rhode's rolls for dinner. The kids thought they were pretty cool. Trevor carved the pumpkins with the girls while I was searching the entire Houston area trying to find black shoestring licorice so I could make "spider" cookies. But, alas, I could not find any without having to drive downtown, which I wasn't willing to do. Although, after all the time I spent driving around locally I probably could have gone down there and back and saved some time! Arg! I need Macey's!! Oh well, next year, I will plan ahead of time.
I hope all of you had a fun and safe Halloween!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your girls are so cute! I love the hot dog mummies. You are such a fun mom! Glad you had a fun Halloween.

The Galan Family said...

Way cute! You are such a little Martha Stewart Annie! We finally booked our tickets to Utah for Christmas. We'll be there the 20th thru the 4th. We have to get together for a family party or something.

Dottie Stay said...

The girls look great! What a fun Halloween. What a pain about driving aound to find what you need. I hate that!! The hot dog turned out so cute. What fun you all have together. I love the picutre of Kate.

Rachel said...

I'm glad you had a fun Halloween. The girls looked cute. Your hotdogs were awesome, I need to be more creative around holidays- what a good mom you are!

malia said...

Oh I love these little pictures and what a super cute idea...hot dog mummies. Love it! You ARE a fun mom!

Devon said...

I love the Elphaba costume (and all of them!) Isn't chasing children around the house trying to get a picture just becoming part of Halloween? It takes me longer just to get the picture than it does to dress them in the costumes! And cute mummy dogs! I can't even remember if we ate dinner on Halloween (it's been one of those weeks!)

Anonymous said...

Cute kids all dressed up! Jeff and I love yout hot dog mummies! So fun!

jennie said...

I love the mummy dogs! Cute costumes!

Jen said...

Super cute! Love the costumes! How do you like Eat, Pray, Love? I saw her on Oprah.

Annie said...

I didn't see her on Oprah, but I heard about the book from a friend. I like the book so far...but again, I warn any readers, there is some strong language. Which is unfortunate. But it is written very well. It's written in 3 sections--one for each trip. I just finished the first section which was Italy, and it was really good. I'm now into the India section, and the jury is still out. I'll let you know...

Natalie said...

Oh your girls look adorable! The little ones never stay put for a picture. It's nice when the older kids know how to stay still for a pose. Very Cute! Love the mummy hot dog idea.

Johnson said...

Those pumpkins and hotdogs rock. You and Trev are such good parents. The girls of course look adorable!!!

Ace said...

I'm glad you're not afraid to sing at the top of your lungs. I say the more the better! Fun pictures too!

Mandy said...

So cute! I love that you had a ballerina too! And I love the mummy hot dogs!