chalkboard

Monday, October 8, 2007

Happy Birthday Holly!!!

Well, little Holland Jane turned 3 this past week...on the 5th to be exact. I know, I'm very late in posting this, but better late than never. What a cute and clever and mischevous girl she is. I woke her up on her birthday morning, and Grace, Kate and I sang her Happy Birthday, and she put he arms in the air and shouted, "I'm Free!" I think she meant to say three, but who knows...maybe she thinks the legal age to be free from adult supervision is 3.

In this picture, she is sporting the Island Princess look--Princess Rosella. All you moms of girls are probably very well-versed in all things Barbie, so you need no explanation of how excited she was to open her dress-up costume. I'm pretty sure she's changed her mind about being Elphaba (from Wicked) for Halloween and now will be Princess Rosella. But, 3 year olds are fickle, so she may change her mind back--who knows.

We celebrated her birthday with Grandma Shell (Trevor's mom) at Chuck E Cheese--she wanted to do exactly what Grace had done on her birthday. And she opened up a few gifts that day too. But we waited to have cake with her daddy on Sunday night when he got home from Spain. (Welcome home Trev!)

I just want to say how much I love this little girl. She is such a little charmer, and despite all the naughtiness that happens when she's around, I wouldn't trade her for anything!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute Annie! She sounds like quite the character! She'll be in primary soon! Crazy! I always think that is such a big step in their little lives. Holly sure is a cutie! That's pretty cute she wanted to do what Grace did for her birthday. What a fun little girl you have.

The Galan Family said...

She is so adorable. Abby is going to be Island Princess for Halloween and Andrew wants to also. He wants to be just like her. I guess he'll just have to learn the hard way. He needs a brother!

Layne & Kellie said...

That is so fun and cute!! I love the Barbie costuem. Happy Birthday!! I swear there are a million cute things for little girls for halloween. I'm still trying to find something for Owen that won't make him a food group or a bunny. :) he he he

Devon said...

She totally is my favorite, you know. And I can say that because I was the middle girl in our family, and I truly hope I was as mischievous as she is! And I love that she's "FREE!" Seriously, she has such a cute personality!

malia said...

Oh how cute is that!? I love her little outfit and more importantly, how cute she is in it. I have NO idea what Barbie you are talking about, but am glad that you do and that she enjoys it so much. That is also super cute about her yelling (with arms in the air) "I'm free!". Super sweet. You just have the cutest little family. I can't get over it. Glad Trevor is home with you too. That is nice when you can all be together. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe Holland is three or free! She is definately a cutie. Sounds like she had a great Birthday.

jennie said...

What a doll! And I am still in love with her name. As far as a Christmas party goes... I'd love to throw one. When are you going to be in town? E-mail me!

Dottie Stay said...

Gosh, can I borrow her? What a sweetheart. That is funny about "Free" she probably does think that she is now free from all parental help. I can't believe she is 3! where does the time go. I shouldn't know about barbies and all of that seeing a how I have boys, but I mean, come on, I love that stuff as much as the next girl!

Rachel said...

She is so cute. I've always loved her name! I also loved the "I'm free!" exclamation that is the cutest thing ever!

Abby said...

Happy Birthday! I admit, I thought she was three that whole time...goes to show how smart she is!

Jen said...

Very cute. Tell her happy birthday from Spencer and Parker! They loved meeting her when you were in town. Glad things are still going well for you guys. We sure do miss you out here!

Ace said...

What a doll! Makes me wish I had a little girl at my house. It's all Spiderman,Batman, cars, and wrestling. Occasionally we get a little Dora the Explorer, but that's about as girly as it gets.