chalkboard

Friday, September 14, 2007

No new material...

I don't know about you guys, but as I move through my week some things happen and I immediately think "I'm going to blog about that!" But this week, I feel like I've been living in a whirlwind. With school in session, I feel busier than ever. So, yesterday, Trevor saw that I had been reading blogs, and he immediately gets this excited look on his face and says "Did you update your blog?" And, of course, I had to say "No, I've got nothin'!" Nothing exciting or funny to blog about. No funny new pictures to post. No new milestones to record. So excuse the random thoughts that I am about to blog about.
So part of the reason why I feel much busier is because I have recently acquired addtional piano students. All last year, I had 10 students. Over the summer I lost four of them due to them moving away. And summer tends to be pretty light anyway because people are out of town, etc. So as school was approaching, all the sudden my phone kept ringing with new people wanting to start piano. I've never EVER advertised that I teach piano. It all started with my friend asking me to teach her daughter. And it has just spread by word of mouth. I think piano teachers must be few and far between here in good ole Texas. And I just have a hard time saying no. (Does anyone relate?) So I've gone from 6 students to 13. And I am definitely at my limit! I'm going to have to say no if anyone else calls. Trevor thinks I'm crazy for saying yes the last couple of times. I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but when you have three little ones running around unsupervised during lessons (one of them being 7 months old), it can be a tad bit stressful. Don't worry the baby is supervised...it's just the other two......
I try to make it the Y every day so I can get some exercise. But things like sick kids, doctor's appointments, playgroups, church activities, etc tend to creep into our schedule as well. Yesterday, I had a dentist appointment in the morning. After I put Grace on the bus, the other girls and I went to the dentist. (Yes, I had to take them with me because all my babysitters are back to school as well!) But, thankfully, they were very well behaved. After that was over, we decided to surprise Grace and have lunch with her at school. This is a tradition we started last year. We would always have lunch with her on Fridays. We probably won't do it every week this year, but we still like to go sometimes. They have a special parent's table set up, so it's really fun for the kids. After our lunch date, I decided I didn't want to go home yet. So, we headed to one of my favorite places for some shopping therapy. Target. Need I say more? I had nothing that I needed. I just wanted to go and wander the aisles and see what there was to see. (Can you tell that I have been cooped up in my house a little too much lately?) Right now they have some really cute stuff in their dollar section. And I also found some cute new Sunday shoes, and some new shirts and a skirt. Yeah! Nothing can put me in a good mood better than Target (or Costco) when I need to get out of the house! So, there, that's it, I'm done with my random ramblings. I hope everyone out there has had a great week!

15 comments:

Jen said...

I love the random ramblings. 13 sounds like a ton. I can't believe you do it! I can relate to the cooped up feeling. As much as I complain about going to school-- it can be a nice break. Think my mom would babysit for graduate school?! :)

Kristen said...

Wow! 13 students is a lot! I have been asked a few times to teach neighbor kids and I just can't commit! I probably should to earn some extra money, but I hate being tied down to a schedule when I never know what is going to come up!

Dottie Stay said...

You make me laugh. When ever I ask Dero nif I should do this or that, he says just be careful, I know how you can over commit yourself. Why can't I just say no!! I say this quote once that says "Stress is when your mouth says yes, and your gut says no!" Hello, target is total out of the ouse therapy, and I say what ever makes you feel good, you just keep doing it. Clothes, shoes, what ever! Buy away Annie, buy away.

Sharlynn said...

I loved your blog as did many others. My problem is I sit down to blog and my mind draws a blank. Keep up the randomness and good luck with the students.

Ace said...

Annie,

It's so fun to see that you guys have a blog! Your family is adorable!

Devon said...

Okay, I loved this blog! It's fun to hear what you're up to since you are so far away! And I laughed because I went to Target the other day after a doctors appointment, just because I didn't want to go home yet, and I spent almost $200 (on a bunch of stuff I didn't even know I needed!) It somehow feels better to spend that much a Costco, because at least stuff is in bulk, but Target? Yeah. Milt told me no more "wandering" at Target. He's such a husband. Good luck with all that piano! I hope you're making tons of money!

Anonymous said...

I too think it is hard to say no. I have gotten much better - what cures you is saying yes to something that ends up being and awful experience. 13 piano students! That's a full time job! Way to go, you are much nicer than me. With Jeff busy at work I wander too many stores and spend way too much $$$!!! It we had Target - I would be toast!

Anonymous said...

Hey Annie. I never know what to blog about either. I did however enjoy your entry today. I also have a problem with saying "yes" and with shopping at Target. I go to Target often just to check everything out.

jennie said...

I feel like I have the opposite problem. I want to blog about like 3 different things at a time, but I feel like each thing "deserves" it's own post. Just like how I rotate through my closet of scrubs so I make sure I wear them all. They "deserve" to be worn. Duh... like scrubs have feelings.
Anyway, I love target too, and I also love getting out of the house.

Rachel said...

You are a brave woman! As cooped up as I feel some days- it is more srtessful for me to take Brevyn anywhere these days!

Abby said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who goes to Targe to wander!

Megan said...

I live at Target! It's the best. I hit there after summer pool sale just at the right time this year and got some really fun stuff! You are brave with the piano students. I've just recenly decided to cut back in my salon- I was way stressed! Loved the random thoughts!

Perry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Galan Family said...

Sorry, I accidentally posted previously under Perry's account. So I deleted it and I am re-posting it. Anyway, I too share a deep love of Target. It is seriously my favorite store. Along with Costco. I have seen your posts about Costco and I love buying in bulk too! Anyway, one of these days I will have to blog about why I love Target.

Natalie said...

Love Target and Love Costco! Great places to get away I would say for most:)