chalkboard

Monday, September 17, 2007

In Memoriam of...The Gilmore Girls

I know this is extremely old news, but I have to have a moment of silence for the Gilmore Girls. They gave us 7 wonderful, funny, fast-talking seasons of enjoyment. For those out there who don't know who these people are, I say shame on you! Really, this was one of the funniest shows on tv. The characters were so quirky and witty. The dialog so smart and word-y. The setting was so picturesque, it made me want to take a trip to the imaginary town of Star's Hollow. When my brother started med school at Yale, I actually had the thought, "oh, maybe he'll run into Rory." (I know, she's just a character.) So, as the Fall lineup of new shows and seasons start next week, I will be thinking about the lack of Lorelai's on tv. Goodbye girls, you will be missed!

5 comments:

Devon said...

It's so nice to know there is a fellow Gilmore fan around! I am seriously so sad that it's over! I even got my mom hooked on watching the ABCFamily reruns, and she had just caught up when it ended! Oh well...I'll always have the DVDs (much to Milt's chagrin...he's not really a fan!)

Natalie said...

Well, You will be ashamed, but I never have watched the Gilmore Girls. When a good show is over though I get so dissapointed. SO, I guess it saves me from that terrible dissapointment if I just don't watch it in the first place:) I'm sorry it's over.

Anonymous said...

I was so sad too! I just dream that Rory ended up with Jess. I thought they were perfect for eachother and I was always mad at Logan - he was LAME! Jeff couldn't watch the show with me because it drove him crazy that they talked so fast. But, that was sort of the fun part - their scripts must have been so long! I will share the moment in silence with you!

Jen Tornow said...

Okay, I always felt like a geek that I thought this show was kind of cute, and I would watch it once in a while! Glad to know that some of my beloved bloggers are fans. One thing that was great about this show is that it was relatively clean watching, which is rare with today's standards (at least the episodes I saw, and I'll admit it's been a while).

jennie said...

I didn't watch it often, but i loved it when I did. I really loved their witty retoric.