chalkboard

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ward Christmas Party

In the words of Chandler Bing: Could she BE any cuter? Our camera has been having issues, so it didn't catch how very cute she looked in the hat, she

would be posing so nice and smiling, and the camera would just take too long, and the lighting was wrong, yada yada yada...oh well, you can just imagine how very cute she looked. This is all taken at our ward christmas party last weekend.You would think this was all the proof she needed....But she came up to me and said, it's not the real Santa, mom. Me: "Why do you say that?" Grace: "Because he's wearing a ring." (Santa was wearing a gold band.) Me:"Well, why can't Santa wear a ring?!" Grace: she just shrugs her shoulders. Me: "Well, Santa can wear a ring." And that's how I left it. She still looked skeptical.

9 comments:

Jen said...

No, she could not be cuter! And Grace looks so pretty sitting on Santa's lap. I hope she doesn't give up on the whole Santa thing too soon!

Johnson said...

Cute, cute, cute. And yes, you can just see that look on her face,..like, "I'm not going to get to comfortable." Greg played Santa one year when Dallin was a little baby and when Dal got older and saw the picture he immediately said, "hey, that is dad." He obviously asked a billion questions and I just admitted that yes it was Dad but that sometimes Santa is so busy that he has to have special helpers so that he can get the message from all the boys and girls. It worked and there we go...he still believes!!! I love watching him show the picture to Alex and explaining why daddy had to be Santa's special helper once!!!! I'm a big fat liar and thats just fine with me!!

Dottie Stay said...

She is just adrable! Those eyes in that hat are so CUTE!! grace is just too dang smart for her own good. I am not surprised she is a product of you and Trevor. And you are surprised that she is so smart?!!

Abby said...

Very funny--you've got a tough nut there. Do I know Santa? I don't recognize him...
Come to think of it, I think one Mrs. Claus would be very offended if Santa didn't wear proudly the symbol of their vows...there's a whole long explanation there too, huh? What religion are they? Where did they wed? What did she wear? Was it a Christmas wedding, etc? Exhausting.

Annie said...

Abby--Bro. Clark was Santa at the party. I actually had to ask Trevor who he was...I've been in Primary WAY too long. By the way, the Richardsons are moving out of the ward (along with everyone else)...very sad. There goes all the babysitters and the entire YW program.

Rachel said...

Love Grace's ring comment. Kamryn points out all the reasons every Santa we see can't be the real one either. Troy asked me how much longer I thought Kamryn would believe- I think our days are numbered!

Mandy said...

A ring!!! How funny! Kids are way to smart! After Emma's dance recital they had a santa...when she came back from him she said he wasn't the real one....I just said maybe he is a helper....how does she even know!!!! Cute picture of Kate! I love her cute little striped shirt

malia said...

Darling pictures! Love it. And wow! She is really observant!

Jen (momofmandm) said...

Your girls are so beautiful!