chalkboard

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Annual Christmas Lunch

Every year since we moved to Houston, our realtor has invited us for lunch at Champions Golf Club. It's really sweet of her to keep inviting us. We just fell in love with her and her husband when they were helping us find our home, and they just feel like family. I think they like to pretend that our children are their grandchildren. So they like to invite us to their club to see the beautiful Christmas trees and decorations. It's a really beautiful display, and I'm just kicking myself that I forgot our camera. I was determined to take pictures this year, and I walked out the door without the camera! So, what you have here are some not so great pictures taken with my trusty cell phone. At least it's something, right? But I didn't get a picture of our lovely host and hostess. I guess there's always next year.This picture really doesn't even come close to doing it justice. All around the bottoms of the trees were tons of talking/singing animals that the girls' all loved to play with, and there was an electric train that went around the trees as well. The whole back wall of the dining room is picture windows that look out onto the beautiful golf course. (Tiger Woods has even played this course!) Trevor dreams of belonging to this very exclusive club someday. I keep telling him to keep dreaming, 'cause it ain't happenin'! One, because I can think of a million other ways to spend that kind of money (hello, can we say newly remodeled kitchen?) And two, you have to be really good at golf, and have a certain handicap (sorry, that's golfing terminology) to even join. Sorry honey, but you need to keep practicing!


So, sorry for the terrible, grainy pictures. But we really did have a great time with some great people!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day! I never realized how much Holland looks like Ginny. Cute girls!

Mandy said...

How fun! I love that you still took pictures! I agree with the newly remodeled Kitchen! That's all I want is a nice big kitchen. I love the Christmas trees they still look beautiful in the grainy pics!

Johnson said...

Cute pictures. Sounds like a fun day!!!

Rachel said...

How fun... and what a pretty tree! Do you remember that song from Elementary School about "all the animals down in Texas. . ." something about a cactus Christmas Tree? Anyway, not that this post even makes sense! When do you guys get to Utah?

Dottie Stay said...

So fun! What a great club house, and awesome friends! Can't wait to see you guys when you come here. Yes, I am inviting myself to see you!

malia said...

Wow! That is fun that you get invited to that party every year. It's kind of fun to have traditions like that. And your camera phone worked well, don't you think? You captured the memory! Congratulations!