chalkboard

Friday, March 30, 2007

Potty Training Stinks!

Okay, don't judge me...but I think I'm going to quit trying to potty train H temporarily. I'm ready to pull my hair out! She is making NO progress! In fact, the first day we only had one accident. And yesterday, we nothing but accidents. On Wednesday, I was in the middle of teaching piano, and she came in completely soaked. I just don't think she's getting it. Plus, we are going out of town this weekend to Austin, and I don't want to mess with it. Sorry to anyone out there who is totally offended by the "potty" talk, but it's just a reality when you have kids this age. So maybe we'll on Monday we'll be recommitted. But that's a big maybe. I don't think it should be this hard if they are truly ready. Right? Or am I just talking myself out of it?



And after I was boasting that my newborn was sleeping so well in my last post, of course, she stopped sleeping so well. Someone must not have knocked on wood! :) Oh well, babies are unpredictable. Tonight, we attending the 2nd Annual Elder's Quorum Pinewood Derby. T was in charge, which meant I was in charge of the kitchen. It was fun for the kids to race the cars their daddy's made. A good time was had by all. G raced her "truck" from last year. It used to be a first prize winner back in the day, but the girls have played with it a little to much and it doesn't go very fast anymore.

I put this picture in because all the azaleas were in bloom. March is so pretty here because everything is blooming. The azaleas don't last long, though, only about 3 weeks. Well, I hope everyone enjoys conference weekend!

3 comments:

Dottie Stay said...

Annie,

alright, first of all, I love your house. Those flowers are sooo beautiful! I am glad you put that picture in! Don't stress about the potty thing. they really won't train until they want to. i think to wait until they are ready is the way to go, because then it will be easy. There is something to say about the whole diaper thing being convieniant. It is. Don't worry, every kid is different. Thanks for your message on my blog. it made total sense.

Jen said...

Annie, your house is gorgeous! I am so jealous! Can Rich, the kids and I come live in a wing? It makes me laugh to think of Trevor being in charge of the pinewood derby. Even with a house of girls, Trevor will always be a boy scout! Your brave to even attempt potty training. Poor Spencer will be wearing pull ups in Jr. High as far as I am concerned! :)

Mandy said...

Potty training definately is a stressful stage in life. My pediatrician gave the best advice to just wait until Emma was ready. It made it so much easier, she just did it herself. My vote is you just wait. Every thing is so much more complicated when they are potty trained and you always have to know where the nearest potty is! Plus you have Grace to help teach! And your house is awesome! And I am definately not ready to hear about babies being up in the middle of the night! I love my sleep!