chalkboard

Thursday, March 29, 2007

First-time blogger--what the heck am I doing?



Melinda, look at what you started! I have never blogged before, but it's been so much fun to read ya'lls blogs, so I thought I'd give it a try. (This will be very low tech since I'm still learning.) Let me know if I'm doing this wrong. I posted this picture because it makes me laugh (and we all need to laugh sometimes). Sadly, the only pictures we got of Kate on the day she was blessed were of her screaming! But I still think they are cute. (I'm her mother, I'm supposed to think that!) Little Kate is so much fun to have around. And she's such a good little sleeper (quick, someone knock on wood). She's been consistenly sleeping for about 7 hours at night.



On Tuesday this week, I woke up and thought, "Today is the day...I'm going to potty train H." T has been pushing to get this done for while, but I haven't been ready. Until Tuesday apparently. But what have I gotten myself into?! I want the diapers back...but I gave them away (knowing they would be a great temptation.) Please someone tell me if there is a secret to teaching a toddler this. She's smart enough, she just doesn't like to tell me when she needs to go until she has already gone. Can anyone relate to this? On the first day, she only had one accident, and several successes...but that's only because I put her potty chair in front of the tv, and she was parked there for most of the day. Poor girl. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Well, I guess enough blogging for now.

3 comments:

Dottie Stay said...

Annie,

I am so proud!! i am so not high tech either, but it is soo fun!! What adorable girls you have, and you are right, Kate is really cute!! Oh, the whole potty thing I dread! Today Carter tuned two. I think that I just plain don't want to think about that. Good idead with the whole diaper give away thing. Ethan didn't want to potty train until he was 3 and 1/2. I finally tried this video, and it really worked. I had trieid everything. It is called once upon a potty. It really worked, and I didn't think that any thing would with that boy. Love the blog, keep writing!

Jen said...

I love that you're blogging, too! This is fun! I dread potty training-- so I don't have any great advice. But when you get Holly going potty I will call you for tips with Spencer.

Dottie Stay said...

Annie,

Blame Mandy for all of this blogging fun. She got me started. I love it though. Isn't it such a fun way to keep tabs on everyone?