chalkboard

Monday, August 25, 2014

She made it!

The biggest news of the week is this:
She made it!
This girl finally made it to Holland. We've missed her! On Thursday, she turned 13 (I feel so old!) She flew from SLC to Houston and celebrated her birthday with her friends and they spoiled her rotten. On Friday, she went to the One Direction concert and had a great time. She had gotten the tickets last Christmas, before we knew we were moving, so that's why she didn't come over with us.  Then, on Saturday, she flew solo to Amsterdam. I'm so proud of her for being brave enough to do this. (Flying first class is pretty rough :-))  Funny story: she didn't watch a single movie on the flight, because she thought they cost money, and didn't bother asking anyone. Haha. I guess I should have prepped her better. It was her first international flight (not counting Canada and Mexico), so give her a break! We are super excited to have her here. She immediately got thrown into the fire. She's already been on her bike and riding around the city like a pro.

In other news, Trevor spoke in church yesterday, I received a calling to the Young Women as the 1st counselor, and I was asked to speak next week. We have been so impressed with our branch here. Everyone is super welcoming and friendly. We were invited to three different families' homes for dinner this week! Can't wait until we can return the favor.

Not much sightseeing this week. We've been busy little beavers trying to get the house unpacked and set up. Three trips to IKEA were made. I hate that you can't just run in and out of IKEA quickly. It's a minimum 3 hour trip every. single. time. And it has been incredibly busy there. I think maybe because it's the end of summer? I don't know. But I'm hoping it will slow down once school is back, because I have to go back again. 

We were able to FINALLY get our government paperwork in order and approved, so we were able to buy a car. Yay! No more rental. Now we just have to get a permit. Baby steps. Literally. I'm getting better on the roads, and I ventured out with the kids alone on the bakfiets. Like I said, baby steps.

I promise house pics will come soon. Have a great week!

No comments: