chalkboard

Thursday, April 16, 2009

the countdown

Only 6 more days of single-parenting, and only 8 days until Disney World! I'm so excited!

Trevor left this morning for a "work" field trip to Belize. He will be spending 7 horribly grueling days of work snorkeling. They like to mask this excuse to go snorkeling with the excuse that they are looking and learning about carbonate rocks. Aren't you just sad for him? I mean, carbonate shmarbonate! I want to snorkel, too! Oh, well , someone has to work around here. I guess it will be me. But, really, I'm not that bitter. Let's change the subject.

Um...did I mention that we are leaving for Disney World in 8 days??? I think I'm more excited than my children. Although, they are pretty excited, too. I just think that it's going to be so much fun for them at their respective ages. Even Kate...who probably won't remember the trip...but she really digs the Disney Channel, so I'm thinking she'll have fun. She's just starting to get into dressing up, and she always completes her dressup with a clutch and princess shoes. She's such a fashionista. I just wish they had a Charlie and Lola type ride or show. She would totally dig that. It is her absolute favorite show on the planet. Whenever it comes on she starts to clap and shouts "Yeah! Tollie and Lola!" Since we will be driving to Florida, I bought the complete seasons 1 and 2 for the ride. Should be a good and quiet 13 hours...in theory.

Other than the countdowns, not much going on out here in Houston except the usual school, preschool, piano students, little-girl-drama, and some beautiful weather, which we've been trying to enjoy. Gotta get out of the house as much as possible before the mosquitoes take over, and the humidity becomes unbearable. I sure love Spring here. Just ask me how I feel in a couple of months--I'm sure I'll be ready to move.

4 comments:

Katie said...

That's so exciting that you're going to Disney World! I'm a little envious, but Robbie promised me that we'd take our own kiddos some day. And don't worry, in a couple of months, you won't even be in Houston. You'll be in Utah with us! We just bought tickets yesterday and can't wait to see everyone!

Devon said...

Yeah...Disney World! Oh, they will ALL love and remember it. And I think that the Playhouse Disney show has something with Charlie and Lola (except I could be forgetting, but I know I saw them somewhere!) Have a fun time, and take lots of pictures! And keep blogging...I miss you!

Chad said...

We are so excited too. Just finished finals and all we have to do now is wait to leave. See you guys soon!

The Galan Family said...

Hello! If you are driving you BETTER be stopping by our house to say hi. You guys are welcome stay here if you need a place to stay on your way. Let me know. We would LOVE to see you. We are in Augusta by the way. Call me or email me or I will be totally be offended. :)