chalkboard

Saturday, January 31, 2009

When it rains, it pours

I've decided to just give up and live the life of a cave dweller--since that is exactly what I have been doing for the last several weeks. I feel like I haven't been able to go anywhere, since my kids have all been taking turns getting sick. It's getting a little old.

Poor Grace was home sick from school for 5 days with a fever and an unexplained inability to put weight on her legs, was in the ER (where they said there was nothing they could do), had a blessing, felt better, woke up the next day with pink eye (luckily we have the eye drops on hand since this isn't the first time), went back to school for 3 days, came down with an ear infection and missed another day of school. (Wow, that was a very long run-on sentence...my college writing professors would be appalled!) While I was at the doctor having her ears looked at, the doctor was on her way out the door when I said, "and oh, by the the way, can you take a quick look at Kate? She's got a cold and is sounding a bit wheezy." The doctor looks in her ears, and sure enough, she has double ear infections. I would have never known! Plus, her breathing wasn't so good, so she sent us to the pharmacy to pick up a nebulizer so we could do breathing treatments at home. So, after spending a tidy sum of about a million dollars for the doctor visits and all the medicine and paraphernalia, everyone is on the mend...I hope.

8 comments:

Layne & Kellie said...

Wow! You are right... when it rains, it pours. I hope your girls are doing better. Good thing you had Kate looked at while you were at the doctor (save you an extra trip in).

Congrats on the big 3-0 and welcome to the club! ;) Now we can start the saga of the thirtiesomethings ;) Love the iPod too. How fun!!

Candace said...

Annie that really is not cool. We have been so blessed to not having anything...i just jinxed us. Hopefully everyone will be better soon and nothing else comes along. Maddy says hi to Holly.She misses her best friend.

Jen Tornow said...

Annie, I just saw your comment on Rachel's blog about planning a "We're turning 30!" trip. I REALLY think we should do it! Even if we planned a weekend trip to Park City or something, I think it's something we should look into! (Yes, I realize I have totally invited myself.)

Sorry the kids have been sick. I think this has been a rotten winter all around for everyone's kids. And even having insurance, all the co-pays and prescriptions really do add up!!!!

Abby said...

I am SO SORRY--I feel your pain, minus one child and a half a million dollars.
Was that you who donated to my sis back in Nov? I am SO, SO very touched. (I just barely asked my sis for access to the pp account since I'm selling stuff now and I couldn't believe how many generous people there are who don't even know my sis!) Can you come choose a set of magnets at least so I can send them as a thank you?

Dottie Stay said...

I totally feel your pain. Some days I just think "you have got to be kidding me!" Hells bells, if one more person gets sick, or has a melt down, or tantrum, I am running away from home. (is that an option at this age?) I pray that they are on the up for you. You are awesome. I am glad to know that I am not alone. Most days i wonder if others are dealing with the same kind of crap I am.

Rachel said...

Oh gosh Annie. I'm sorry. It's so hard to have sick kids. I hope everyone is better and stays that way for a LONG time!

Annie said...

Ok, knock on wood, but they are all better. No school missed this week...that's progress!

Lisa said...

This story sounds very familiar! :)