chalkboard

Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Holiday Top Ten

Well, here we are in the middle of January, and I'm not keeping my new year's resolution to keep up on my blog...so in an effort to remedy that, here's a top ten of our Christmas vacation in Utah: (in no particular order)

1. Spending time with all my brothers, sister, parents, in-laws, cousins, aunts, uncles, and all the rest. I love my family, and it is ALWAYS the highlight of going home. Presents under the tree are nice, but they don't even compete with all the game-playing, movie-watching, late-night-talking, karaoke-ing, and teasing that goes on. I love it.
This picture was taken at the Glazier Christmas Party. All the kids got to dress up for the nativity. My kids were the biblical cat, the biblical unicorn, and of course, Eeyore...who would say "hee haw" everytime you asked her what the donkey said.


2. Baby Kate learning so many words and finally starting to express herself. I love how whenever I would walk into a room, she would triumphantly declare, "Der's Da Mama!"(if you don't speak baby, that's "there's the mama") So, now we all lovingly referr to her as "the baby Kate."



3. Attending Grandma Nabbie's funeral in Kanab with my family. Trevor and the older girls weren't able to be there, but it was so nice to be able to go and participate in celebrating such a wonderful woman's life.



4. The food. I just don't think I need to say anything else on that subject. Well, maybe one more thing...I think I ate enough to last the rest of the year; hence the reason my new year's resolution to stop eating junk is really sticking, so far....

I just needed to throw in a picture of Holly's cute new hair cut.


5. Watching my mom bowl on Christmas Eve. Really, I should have caught it on video. It was hysterical. She could really throw that ball down the lane, but it almost took her with it every single time.


6. The snow. I don't remember having so much snow for Christmas in a very very long time. The only downfall is it made Trevor, Grace and Holly's flight get cancelled...but they did get in the following day. Watching Kate play in the snow was so funny. Since we have lived in Texas for the last 5 years, we aren't really prepared for snowy weather with all the right gear. So, Kate was out without gloves in a huge storm, and she loved it so much she didn't even care that her hands were probably numb. She cried and threw a huge fit when she had to come inside to dry off. And it never failed that if she was outside, she would run over to the snow, grab a handful, and shove it in her mouth with a big smile. She loved to stand at the window and point outside and say " 'no, 'no" (snow snow).


7. Playing Ticket to Ride numerous times and until the wee hours of morning. I don't care what Trevor says, I DO beat him a lot!



8. Going clay pigeon shooting with the boys. I don't think I would have been invited if I hadn't said something. And I'm glad I did...it was so fun! The picture is of Katie, Robbie's wife, and I think she enjoyed herself, too!


9. Making sock bunnies for my girls and neices was such a delight! Check out my friend Abby's blog if you want instructions on how to make your own.


10. Seeing and spending time with our friends from Australia, as well as all our friends in good ole Utah. It's always so fun to catch up, and we can just pick right back up like we've never moved away. I love that.

Well, I hope everyone else had as much fun over Christmas as we did. Now that we are home we are adjusting to getting back into our regular routine. It always stinks the first week back, but that's under our belts now, so hopefully next week won't be too painful! Oh, and check back often to see if I keep my resolution to blog more often!!! I really will try.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

It was so fun to see you guys as always! Come back soon!

Diana said...

Yes, I agree it was fun to see you. I just wish we had added life to the party and pulled out Ticket to Ride! We just had a couples tournament with our friends...14 people! It really was SO much fun. I love the game.

Devon said...

I really wish I could have seen you in Utah...it wasn't the same without seeing everyone! But it sounds like you had a blast!

Lisa said...

It was so fun seeing you guys at the Christmas party! Ashley is in love with Kate!! And I am so happy to hear that you are part of the Ticket To Ride fan club. We are FANATICS!