chalkboard

Friday, September 11, 2009

The long silence

I promise I have a good excuse...just adjust your eyes over to the right, and you will see why I have been "missing in action" on the blog front. It's not like I've been busy or anything...I've just been busy laying on my couch feeling so crappy! Does anyone else out there get the pregnancy blues when you are throwing up all the time and just plain nauseous all the time? I don't ever leave the house unless I absolutely have to. I finally went grocery shopping today after a 3 week drought of food in our house. You know it's bad at our house, when even the thought of going to Costco just makes me sick! (We've been living on pb&j, top ramen, and takeout.) And I'm glad to say I survived.
So yes, I am just starting my 12th week of my 4th pregnancy...and I'm hoping that I'll be able to emerge from my cave very soon. I'm sick of feeling sick.

Way back in July, when I found out the blessed news, I was talking to my sister on the phone, and the conversation went a little bit like this... me: "I am not going to let this pregnancy get me down this time! I am going to have a positive attitude, I'm going to feel good, and I'm not going to give in to the sickness." my sister: "okay, we'll see" as she chuckles under her breath. Two weeks later, I think I called her and asked her what the "h" was I thinking!!! Oh how soon we forget.

So, maybe there will be a man-child coming to our little family...and maybe not. Quite honestly, the idea of having a boy kind of freaks me out. So I'd be perfectly fine if it is another sweet baby girl. Only time will tell, I suppose. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.

I need to give a shout out to my dear, sweet husband, who is my knight in shining armor. I don't know what I would do without him. He's been so great through all of this to pick up all of the major slack at home. And he never ever complains or makes me feel bad about it...(I give myself guilt all by myself!) So thanks, Trev, I don't know what I'd do without you!

17 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Congrats, Annie--I'm so happy for you!! How blessed you guys are! I'm hoping for a boy--scary at first, but what fun boys are!! We'll see.....

Jen said...

Oh, congrats! If only you lived closer-- we could go through the crappy pregnancy blues together! But, you are way much ahead of me, and I am sure not nearly the size. (what is the deal with me blowing up like a balloon the minute I become pregnant?!) So, while you are crossing your fingers for a man-child, we are crossing our fingers for a girl. But, will be happy either way. How exciting!

Jordan said...

Yeah for a blog post! I hope you get out of the sick stage soon...or do you ever? We're so excited for you guys!

Jordan said...

P.S. Will you invite me to your blog? I have to sign on as Jordan every time I want to see it.

aglazier5@gmail.com

Thanks!
Andrea

Rachel said...

Yea!!! That is exciting, but I'm sorry you've been so sick! I hope you get a boy, every mommy needs one. There is nothing like having a boy who LOVES his mommy!

Katie said...

Rosie's sure excited about her new cousin!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! How exciting! Sorry for the pregosickness - puke literally! Hope things start to look up soon.

Candace said...

Congrats!! How exciting. I often wonder what the heck I'm thinking to be trying again. I hate the sickies in the beginning. I'm also with you on the man-child. As much as Adam wants one and I think every man should have a son...it totally freaks me out. What would I do with a boy?? Congrats to you and Trevor!! :) Feel better soon!

Kinsey Pistorius said...

Congratulations!!! yeah, we are so happy for you all. You are due in April? how fun and exciting. I will forgive you now for not blogging - you have a GREAT excuse!!! :)

Diana said...

Congrats! You will love having FOUR...Well, I know Shandra does. I'm sorry you feel so horrible. I was sick with Caleb (the last pregnancy) and I must admit it is HORRIBLE. So I can finally sympathize with those ladies that get sick. Sorry, I remember how horrible it is. How exciting, I'm pulling for a little boy!!

Lisa said...

We are so excited for you guys! I'm sorry you feel so horrible and hope that the stars align for you and you get over it soon.

I don't know about the man-child thing! We were babysitting our neighbor's boy the other day and that "thing" down there is just scary! I think I would stick with the girls! :)

Abby said...

I want to shout congratulations and hoorah, but I also want to say I am so sorry for the loss of your will to do anything but exist [for a finite period, of course]. It is still too fresh in my mind. (Yes, still.) Isn't it amazing that we do it over and over?! Well done! Second trimester is the best!

Layne & Kellie said...

CONGRATS!! I am so excited for you. Though I feel the same way when I am prego. I have to admit that I dread pregnancy. Love babie, just don't like being prego. I hate the throwing up and nausea... for 6 months. I hope yours doesn't last long. Good luck!!!

Devon said...

That's so great! And I think you'd love a "man-child", but you have such cute girls that it seems you can't lose! I hope you're feeling better now, and I'm so excited for you!

Dottie Stay said...

I am a bad friend, and never check in as much as I should. I think about you more then you know, but the blog thing is a whole different story. I love you, and I am hoping that by now you are over the illness, and yes, boys are fun, and if you end up with a girl we can always make a trade over a weekend. I am checking back really soon cuz by now you may know what that little pal is!

Katie said...

Okay, time for a new post. I miss your girls and want to see what they've been up to! Go Baby Boys!!!!

kelsey said...

Yeah! Congrats on Baby #4!!!