chalkboard

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A long overdue post

Okay, so it's two weeks late...but better late than never, right? I'm a little disappointed with our picture taking on Halloween night. This was the best one of the three girls together. Grace was a "Sparkle" witch (whatever that is), Holly was Tinkerbell (she even had her little stuffed bear in a tinkerbell costume!), and Kate was Minnie Mouse--she kept the headband in her hair for, oh, maybe 5 minutes. But it was cute while it lasted. Our ward has a trunk or treat every year. The primary presidency was in charge of the cake walk, so that's where I was all night. Trevor signed up to do the donut on a string. It was a great success! But also very busy; hence the lack of good pictures. The kids had so much fun.

This is a terrible picture of our cute pumpkins. Here in Houston, you can't carve your pumpkins more than 24 hours in advance because they start to mold and attract bugs, etc. So, about an hour before we had to be at the church we started the mad dash of carving 5 pumpkins. I was quite impressed with the turnout considering we did it all in about 30 minutes. The one on the end spelled "TREAT." The one to the far left, Grace did the carving. Holly designed the middle pumpkin. Anyway, this is not all that interesting, but they did look very cute at the donut on a string booth.


After the trunk or treat, we took the girls to the local high school football game. A bunch of families in our ward have kids in the marching band, so we went to support them. It was a blast!



10 comments:

Kinsey Pistorius said...

the girls are getting so big! what a fun Halloween it looked like. Sure do miss coming over and visit teaching you every month but hopefully we'll see y'all at the holidays! :)

Katie said...

Yay, I love it! Very cute costumes. Grace looks like a little woman, and I can't believe how big Kate...I mean Trevor Jr., is. Looks like a fun night.

Katie

Rachel said...

Wow. Grace looks so grown up. What cute costumes- and Kate has so much hair now! I'm impressed with the pumpkins as well! Looks like a fun night.

Devon said...

Your girls are SO SO SO cute! And I think your Halloween picture of them was great! I can never seem to figure out how to get everything done on Halloween, so the pictures are always done with me threatening their lives to smile...which never seems to work! But your girls look so cute!

Lisa said...

I'm glad I'm not the only slacker at getting the Halloween pictures up! The girls look darling!

Jen said...

Oh my gosh! Parker was Mickey Mouse! I hate to be the parent match-maker-- but maybe its a sign! J/K :)
So cute-- I love the sparkle witch!

Anonymous said...

Your girls are so cute! We didn't get very good Halloween pictures of the girls either - we've even thought of dressing them up again for a photo shoot! Cute pumpkins too!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Did you make their costumes? They all look so adorable.

Diana said...

Annie. Cute picts. Alayna saw Kate's costume and said, "Why couldn't I have been Minnie?" I had to laugh...it's not like I picked her out fit! Since she's seen SO many other costume outfits, I've heard about ten new ideas of what she's going to be next year! Cute. Jared was extremely jealous of your trip to Switzerland. He went back a few years ago and is longing to return. So we really enjoyed your pictures.

aaron and allee said...

Oh, I love the sparkle witch's costume!