chalkboard

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Grace!!!

It's Grace's 7th birthday tomorrow, and this is what I have been working on tonight in preparation. I have to say, I'm happy with how it came out...but me and buttercream frosting have a love/hate relationship. I wish it would have gone on a little smoother. This was my first time dabbling with fondant. Maybe next time I'll try covering the whole cake (for a nice smooth look). But Grace really wanted chocolate frosting--I mean, who can blame her!

I can't believe I have a 7 year old child! That means next year she will be baptized! It's really all going way too quickly. Happy Birthday, Grace! I love you more than you will ever know.

In other news...
this is what Kate is up to lately.

That's just gross. And yes, she's a climber. She also is really into hiding lately. She'll just find a quiet corner somewhere, and sit and hide until someone comes and finds her. She thinks that she's hilarious and very clever.

14 comments:

Rachel said...

What a cute cake! It looks great! I can't believe how big our girls are getting. Kate is so funny. I know Landon is going to be a climber when he gets a little bigger. As is, he is walking everywhere and into EVERYTHING!

Candace said...

That is so cute (not the whole toothbrush thing) about Kate!! Emmy is a climber too but not to that extent YET. How fun. Tell Grace Happy Birthday from Maddy and I.

Kinsey Pistorius said...

What a beautiful cake! I just order ones for Drew so you are way ahead of me! Also, Kate is getting so big - that blond hair is adorable. Hope you all are doing well!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Grace! What a lucky girl to have such a cute cake! Baby Kate has grown up so much! Cute cute! Happy late 8th anniversary too!

malia said...

i can't believe that you have a 7 year old either! wow! where does the time go???

and that is funny and your climber. why do kids love sinks so much?

Ginny Johnson said...

At least it isn't the toilet or toilet plunger.

Annie said...

so true! thanks for the perspective!!

Layne & Kellie said...

Love, love the cake. I've wanted to try to do a smoother frosting/icing but having gutted it up yet to do it.

What a great pic of the your toothbrush taster... yum, yum ;)

Unknown said...

Yes, it totally counts, because while you were THINKING of me, I was THINKING of Grace. Tell her Happy Birthday from both of us. Wow, that Kate sure is getting big! We love you all.

P.S. I need an invite to your blog, because I always have to sign in as Robbie, and that's just too much work for me. Please send to katrinamarsh1@hotmail.com.

Diana said...

Happy birthday to Grace. I'm with you, how does time pass so quickly! I feel like I was just 7 a few years back. Her cake looks adorable. Baby Kate looked a lot older too. That was gross I must admit! But kids love to do gross things. ha ha ha

jennie said...

Annie-- I'm so impressed! I had no idea you were into cake making. Someday... I'll give it a try too. I love the pictures of Kate. Hilarious. Clementine was found scrubbing the bathroom floor with hers. YUCKETY YUCK!

Devon said...

HOW FUNNY! I swear, Kennedy and Kate are two of a kind - she is a toothbrush culprit too! And your cake is SO CUTE! I love it! I've been thinking about you out-of-staters alot lately. It gets better, right? I wish we could have moved by you guys though!

Katie said...

You're going to Switzerland in 11 Days? Woo Hoo! One of my co-workers was there a couple of weeks ago and absolutely LOVED it. You're going to have such a great time. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Lisa said...

Darling cake!! And I am with Grace on the chocolate frosting!

Can Kate look any more like Trevor?