chalkboard

Monday, July 14, 2008

What we're up to...

Okay, this post is SO long overdue. I think I've just been in a non-blogging mode since I was on vacation all of June. Then there's just so much to catch up on that it gets a little bit overwhelming...you know? But I'm now ready to face it and start into the blogging business again.
Since we've been home, something really exciting happened. We are no longer the only Mormons in our neighborhood. Isn't that exciting? Well, to us, it is VERY exciting. I'm always trying to recruit some peeps to my hood. We kind of live on the outer reaches or our ward boundaries, and we get a bit lonesome sometimes. They have six kids, and they are just too darling. And it will be nice to be not the only resident Mormons, if you know what I mean. Plus, our ward has really been shrinking lately. A lot of families with youth-aged children have been moving away. So our youth program has really shrunk. We've been praying for new move-ins. He listens, that's all I have to say.
We're still steeped in home improvement projects. It's a never-ending list...if only we had never-ending funds! We are having new carpet installed next Friday. I think the current carpet has been here for 20 years, so yes, it's about time! So, between now and next Friday, we will be painting baseboards and doors, and fixing all the squeaks in our sub-floor. Oh, and organizing! Maybe I'll take some pics this time and post it when it's all done. But don't hold your breath...we know how I am when I promise pics (remember those promised kitchen pics?)
And another exciting thing on the horizon is happening in September. Trevor and I are taking a much-anticipated trip to Switzerland! I've hesitated talking about this because so many things could have come up and made it not happen. But the tickets are now purchased, so come rain or shine, we are going! We haven't gone on a trip just the two of us in a very long time. Trevor's parents have kindly agreed to come watch the midgets for an entire week...I hope they survive.
Anyway, we are staying busy, and trying to stay cool. I'm trying to convince Trevor that we need a pool in our backyard. Yeah right! We had so much fun on our trip to Utah. We sure miss our family and our friends. Oh, and Cafe Rio. ;)

6 comments:

Devon said...

Switzerland, how exciting! It sounds like you guys are busy! And amen to cafe rio! I can't imagine what I would do without it...

Kinsey Pistorius said...

mmmm... yummy cafe rio - when we went back to Utah in May for one week, we had it twice! :)
That is great news about the new LDS family in your neighborhood and especially your exciting trip to Switzerland! Y'all deserve a nice vacation like that for sure. Just enjoy it and know your kids will have as much fun with grandma and grandpa as you will on the trip. So, no guilt!!! :)

Abby said...

Wow--that's a major addition to the youth program, I'd say! Hooray for more Mormons! We got to hang out with the Bardos this past week and heard about all the changes, plus Trevor's calling, etc. Fun stuff. Good luck with the carpet--it will be like a new house!

kelsey said...

I can't believe we missed you guys again... so sad. At least we got to catch up a little at Jordan's reception. Switzerland! Wow! What made you guys choose that as your vacation destination? I'm so jealous, that will be so fun!

Rachel said...

Good to hear from you since you went home. I'm glad you survived the trip back. Congrats on the new family in the neighborhood and I'm so excited for you to go to Switzerland. Good luck with the carpet!

The Galan Family said...

Yeah! You are back! I kept coming to your blog for an update and to my dismay there was nothing new. That was one long trip. Hope you had fun. Where are the wedding photos?? I'm jealous of your upcoming trip. We are now in Georgia. Keep up the posting.